Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
acoustix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon
Default eBooks on the Playbook

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone had luck opening PDF eBooks on the Playbook? Specifically I'm trying to view my Cisco Press eBooks that I purchased. When I try to open the file I get this error: "This PDF file has features that are unsupported in this version of Adobe Reader."

Thanks,
Nick
Old 12-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
jabise

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default Re: eBooks on the Playbook

i have put a bunch in that were in epub format (for the kobo) and they work like a charm in the adobe reader
Old 12-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
acoustix
Thumbs Must Hurt

I guess these PDF files have DRM on them and apparently there aren't any readers out there yet.

I don't know about everyone else, but I keep trying and trying to justify using the Playbook tablet for professional reasons, but I'll be damned if I can actually do anything productive with it. Don't get me wrong - the browser is great and the device is stable. But compared to the iSuck and Android tablets there just aren't enough apps. And I'm not talking about the cutesy/fartsey apps that do the same functions as web sites.

It's very frustrating!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
Bacchus15
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Note3
Carrier: Rogers

I have a lot of PDF the i opened without any issue with it, in fact i was bridging from my bold 9900 and it work. i did not try with a file directly on my playbook thou.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustix View Post
I guess these PDF files have DRM on them and apparently there aren't any readers out there yet.

I don't know about everyone else, but I keep trying and trying to justify using the Playbook tablet for professional reasons, but I'll be damned if I can actually do anything productive with it. Don't get me wrong - the browser is great and the device is stable. But compared to the iSuck and Android tablets there just aren't enough apps. And I'm not talking about the cutesy/fartsey apps that do the same functions as web sites.

It's very frustrating!!!
Exactly what productive apps are you lacking? Please name the iPad and Android productivity apps you need that are not available.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:20 AM   #6
Bacchus15
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Note3
Carrier: Rogers

by the way, Adobe reader comes with it including word-excel(sheet)-powerpoint(slideshow) to go, so what are you missing, an app to create pdf?
Old 01-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
acoustix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yes, Adobe Reader comes with the PB, but I cannot open DRM protected PDF files. I have many DRM protected ebooks that I paid for and I would like to be able to read them on my tablet instead of a desktop/notebook computer.

Little things like this are crucial to the success of the PB. I tried to contact Adobe to ask for a reader for the PB, but their contact section of the website doesn't have an area to ask for functionality or new device support.
Closed Thread