BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 11:14 PM   #1
aaadams

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default Lose TCP Setting of Reboot

Please Login to Remove!

I am new to blackberries and this forum. I did a search but did not find this issue.

I noticed that when I do a clearing of application data, my TCP setting are also lost. My problem is when I type them it, it does not always save.

Per suggestions from this forum on setting up direct TCP when you are not connected to a BES, it says put in the necessary information in the TCP settings under Options. After you do that, reboot by pulling the battery.

When I do this, my TCP setting come back blank again. Not sure of what combination worked but by repeating a series of "soft boots" and "hard boots", it finally takes and stays. Not sure if this combination did it or that is something else I did to finally make it "remember" my TCP setting.

Any suggestion on what I am doing wrong? It seem once you set the TCP info, it should stay across a boot. Once I get it to "take", I do not have any more problems. Just trying to figure out the "magic" that made it work.

Background:
BB Model: 7290
Provider: Cingular
BES: NO, for internet/data access (only for corporate e-mail and calendar)

Thanks in advance

Anthony Adams
Old 06-25-2005, 08:32 AM   #2
rsun
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
Carrier: at&t/T-Mobile/Verizon

I'm confused, you aren't on a BES, but you have access to your corporate e-mail and calendar? So you use the Desktop Redirector, just thinking maybe some sort of policy is overriding your TCP settings. Although I don't hard code them in on mine since I'm on a BES.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:23 PM   #3
aaadams

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

rsun

I guess a more accurate statement is I am connected to BES that blocks data service. As a result, I have to go direct TCP.

I would think if it were a policy overriding my setting, then I would never get it to stay. But, after some combination of boots it stays and everything works fine.
Closed Thread