Old 09-11-2005, 10:58 PM   #81
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by athreya
motherf-cker, you brought your daughter into it. not me. now that your ass is on the line, you are blaming me. grow up.
Ya... I said I did... but you took it to a whole new level.

Last edited by finch; 09-11-2005 at 11:42 PM..
Old 09-11-2005, 10:59 PM   #82
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Guys....WALK AWAY.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:06 PM   #83
corey@12mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrogers
Oh come ON, thanks again people for ruining an informative thread. I can't believe this forum is devolving into all the other ones out there. Corey, even if you're right that doesn't give you the right to be such a jerk. Have you read what you've written? "YOU ARE WRONG. You can't backpedal now because you got your BS called by someone better than you." Someone better than you? And athreya, don't stoop to that level and go into penis wars with Corey. You're both acting like children. "I know more than you do." You both ACTUALLY SAID THAT. Think of how stupid and immature that would sound if you said it out loud in an actual conversation. Keep it up and no one will want to visit this site. If you two want to have a fight, do it over PMs or email or something else.
I'm a jerk... sure... but notice how his first post said there would be a CDMA 8700, and now the story has changed. He is full of it, he knows it and so do we... I tell you what... I am going to start a poll... 'Do you want the truth, or a load of sh*t'. If more people vore for the load of sh*t, I'll never come back here. Like really, I know what I am talking about, I don't spread false information and I don't think that people should try and make themselves look good because of it... 'you heard it from me first'... like f*ck off, get off your horse. He is dead wrong and I won't put up with that... but oh ya... I am a nobody... but oh ya... I know *a lot* of people and get a fair amount of insight into new things coming along.

How's this... I don't get anything from being a member here or posting what I know. I do it because people are into blackberries and are excited about new things... I do it because I am a nice guy and because I don't mind wasting an hour a day to help other people out... at least I give the truth. I don't have to be a nice guy, but when I do say something it is very accurate. This entire thread was BS from the beginning and there was nothing to ruin because it was entirely wrong from the first post on. Don't b*tch at me and call me a jerk for saying the truth and sticking up for myself.

cd.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:16 PM   #84
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100

OK, corey, then perhaps you should learn to tell people you disagree without being so damn rude and mean. You want the truth? Here's a truth: an inordinate amount of threads that you participate in both here and at HoFo degenerate into this kind of pointless, argumentative, childish bickering. That's really all I have to say, I'll unsubscribe from this thread now. You two can get back at it if you want. Enjoy.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:20 PM   #85
corey@12mile

mrogers... go vote for lies. I will leave.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:07 AM   #86
barjohn

Model: 8700

mrogers, thanks for your sane and adult counsel. The childish attacks do ruin a thread. Two blind men might describe the same elephant a little differently depending on which end they are on! Insistance that either is right before the device becomes officially available is nonsense. Even if the information they have was garnered from a reputable source within RIM, it doesn't mean that RIM might not alter its plans prior to a release and make them both wrong. RIM has done it before and so have other companies. After all this is a rumor thread and as such should carry no more weight and credence than any rumor warrants. If a person submits their rumor in good faith they should not be attacked. If it turns out to be false they will have egg on their face and if true their credebility will increase. In any case, if you feel compelled to attack the rumor do so with out attacking the messenger.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 09-12-2005, 01:35 AM   #87
Soapm

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

I have an inside tip that the 8700 will run on batteries. LOLOL
Old 09-12-2005, 06:04 AM   #88
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

WOW that was a interesting way to start the morning off!
Old 09-12-2005, 07:14 AM   #89
corey@12mile

You know... it's not too often I really can't shrug off an internet argument, but this goof really pissed me off last night. His BS, his backpedalling... like wtf? He posts an entire thread to say what the *8700* has, including EVDO. I say it ain't so, and the most productive thing that he can say at the end is the Verizon is testing an EVDO blackberry. It's not like we haven't been talking about a CDMA based 7100 for a few months now. His facts are all wrong and he doesn't have a clue. It's info like this the brings a bad name to a website. Nothing against HoFo, but everyone I know takes the entire website with a grain of salt. Sure there are a few people who's words are gospel, but for the most part everything on there is pure speculation as opposed to something even close to the truth.

I understand this is a rumours thread, but when someone posts that this *is* what the device will be, and then says look at my 7290 prediction that describes the 7280 or the 7290 or pretty much any color blackberry, without getting 2 of the distinctive features of the 7290 correct (BT and no Speaker). What does this really say?

Soapm's prediction of the 8700 is pretty much as good as anything f*cknut has said, actually better because it's truthful. People aren't going to come here to read things that some retard has posted about an upcoming product for very long if everything is BS.

Why would someone post that the 8700 would have EVDO when it's obvious that CDMA anything is *never* on the market before a GSM version. Look at the 7100, is there a CDMA version yet? It's been what... a year and still no available 7100 with CDMA. What makes people think that this is going to change all of a sudden for the 8700. It's common sense, and to spread BS lies is retarded.

Think about it people, something like this is a sit back and sigh 'would it be nice'. It's not a realistic thing at this point.

As much of an ass/jerk/whatever you want to call me... oh... childish too. I want to know the truth, I know the truth, I share the truth and not bullsh*t. People can look over every post I have ever made and let's see if I have been factually wrong about anything.

This other dude has what... 40 posts? and he thinks he is the all mighty. I don't have as many posts as some people, but I think it's pretty evident that I know what I am talking about.

I would rather have a bullsh*t thread like this get out of control than have it show up on a google result for "blackberry evdo" or something simular... imagine all the wireless reps around the world hearing 'but I read on blackberryforums that the electron had EVDO'... now this place is going to be the laughing stock of all the mobile pros out there... sure... go vote for lies if this is what everyone wants.

cd.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:17 AM   #90
corey@12mile

Oh... and the fact that the goof said something along the line of making my daughter an orphan... he's going to do what to me and my wife?

COME TO MY F UCKING HOUSE AND KNOCK ON THE DOOR!

Let's see where that gets you goof.

Like really... put your f ucking money where you mouth is. See what it gets you.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:18 AM   #91
blkberryboy

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

FYI For all and for the record:

ru·mor(Pronunciation Key (rmr))
n. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth. Unverified information received from another; hearsay
Old 09-12-2005, 09:35 AM   #92
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

There is a strong rumor that I am closing this thread.

OOPS - no longer a rumor.

CUT OUT THE CURSING NOW OR THERE WILL BE A FEW TIME OUTS.

GOT IT?
Closed Thread