BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
chrisjohnson

Model: 9550
Carrier: T-Mobile
Thumbs up Blackberry Tracking device...Does it exsist???

Please Login to Remove!

I've heard that there is actually a blackberry tracking application or program that can be used on blackberrys. I've heard that a husband and a wife both had blackberry's and the husband was able to track his wifes phone calls and duration of each call. He would be notified by email of her phone usage. Can anyone validate any truth to this??????????

PIN: 30FE85CF
Old 09-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #2
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

This is the first I have heard of any such application.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-01-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
trigga15

Model: 7290

i thought it was illegal to look at anyone elses usage threw any sort of app. unless they were on the same plan as you
otherwise thats stalking which is illegal

I LOVE BEING 16 AND HELPIN ALL THE OLDER PEOPLE
Old 09-02-2006, 05:42 AM   #4
jsuen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130e
Carrier: cingular

BES has the ability to log all e-mails, pin messages, phone calls, sms, and Blackberry Messenger IMs automatically.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #5
mobilecontrol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

SMS Spy Phone Packages

T-Mobile:

- 8100 (rockin' the demo!), 8700g, 7100t, 6230
Old 09-03-2006, 01:34 PM   #6
berry-bum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile

Very scary... But I'm sure it does exist. The gov't doesn't let anything hit the public that can't be monitored. And if they can monitor, so can someone else.

8700G- v4.2.1.101
Old 09-07-2006, 02:49 AM   #7
heltime

Model: 0000

I'm currently working on a "tracking" app for mobile devices, or rather, it is more a "location based instant messenger". With it you can track your contacts in realtime and exchange text messages. However only contacts that explicitly allow this can be tracked (so it's not gonna help you spy on any potentially cheating spouses). We have clients for Java Phones, Windows Mobile devices and web browsers, but we do not have a Blackberry to test it on, so I do not know it will run. Feel free to check it out (yup, it's free) and please drop us a line to let us know it it works on a BB or not: navxs.com (bugger: I'm not allowed to post an url yet...)
Old 09-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
mobilecontrol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

Quote:
Originally Posted by heltime
I'm currently working on a "tracking" app for mobile devices, or rather, it is more a "location based instant messenger". With it you can track your contacts in realtime and exchange text messages. However only contacts that explicitly allow this can be tracked (so it's not gonna help you spy on any potentially cheating spouses). We have clients for Java Phones, Windows Mobile devices and web browsers, but we do not have a Blackberry to test it on, so I do not know it will run. Feel free to check it out (yup, it's free) and please drop us a line to let us know it it works on a BB or not: navxs.com (bugger: I'm not allowed to post an url yet...)
Tried it using 8700g, here's what I got while attempting to open program...

Error starting
NavXS_ME_Full:Module
'NavXS_ME_Full' has verification error 2831 at offset 8bdb

Have any idea what that means?

T-Mobile:

- 8100 (rockin' the demo!), 8700g, 7100t, 6230
Old 09-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #9
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

Jack Bauer has it...It works
Old 09-09-2006, 04:42 AM   #10
heltime

mobilecontrol,

I do not have a BB so I'm not 100% sure what the reason is. However, I assume it could be due to your BB not suporting one of the special APIs we use (JSR-179 for GPS access and JSR-75 for file system access). According to the specs that I have seen, the 8700 should support JSR-179, but not JSR-75. Try installing the JSR-179 Edition of the NavXS client. This has no file system access, meaning that you cannot store map tiles localyy to save network traffic.

I need to get hold of a 'berry at some point

PS: Jack Bauer is our biggest customer
Old 09-09-2006, 08:32 AM   #11
atuarre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re

The Sprint Nextel Blackberries have the ability to be tracked because they have an internal GPS. A copy repair technician was at the office yesterday working on our copier and he saw my phone (8700c) and he pulled out his phone, and it was an earlier model but he told me he was a dot (referring to some commercial about people being able to see where their dots are on a map because the phones the dots are carrying contain GPS devices) and he was explaining to me that his boss can see where he is at all times.

Ark Telco Fin, a telco company I work for, also had a similiar thing going on, except if you were an employee there you were required to carry a little device in your pocket or on your belt. While you were on company time, whether you were hourly, or salary, you were required to carry your device, and there is a room in the Ark Telco tower where they monitor the location of all their employees.

Just thought I would add that little tidbit.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:05 PM   #12
heltime

atuarre,

GPS is a one way system. Even if your PDA / telephone has a built in GPS receiver does not mean that anyone can see where you are. In order for this to be possible your telephone needs to actively transmit your location, for instance by uploading it to a server via the internet. This does not happen all by itself. The NavXS system facilitates just such a data exchange, but it also makes sure that only contacts that you have explicitly granted this right can see your curent position.

If you are worried that your movements are being monitored, you're better of leaving your GPS on but your cellphone network off. Sprint, Cingular, Vodaphone etc can, if they wish to do so, monitor your movements to within a couple of hundred feet, as your cell phone automatically switches between local base stations.
Closed Thread