Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
Longcove

Model: PB
PIN: N/A
Carrier: BellAliant
Default OK, I will ask a different question

Please Login to Remove!

Hi: Yesterday I tried for some ideas about the PB awaking and not connecting. I thought it may be a WPA versus WPA2 problem. Further experimenting showed it wasn't.
So, am I the only owner who experiences this problem? I don't think so as other fora report the problem without solutions being offered. Usually the problem is in the form of 'connects everywhere but at home.' I.e. public hotspots without security seem to work OK.
I thought that the people on the 'real' Blackberry Forum - in comparison to the 'lesser' fora - would have something to say, but perhaps it is a hardware problem with the PB and there are no fixes.
I had hoped for some response - perhaps I should should have an inane rant in broken English about how the PB is junk and that I will buy an iPad, Android whatever device as this usually gets a response or two.
Thanks.
Donald
Old 06-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long
Default Re: OK, I will ask a different question

If you are thinking this forum run by Research In Motion, it is not. We are just a bunch of BlackBerry enthusiasts. My PlayBook has never had that problem. You could try posting on the official RIM support forums.

General Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Let's keep to one thread now. See my reply to your other thread.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

I dont have that issue with WPA2, I am using a new router now as my home one that is old would lock up at times.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #4
Longcove

Model: PB
Carrier: BellAliant

Hi: Spent yesterday trying to find out more about the WiFi disconnect problem. It appears to be due to low signal levels when the PB is in sleep mode for more than about 30 minutes. If the signal strength 'meter' shows only one or two bars - arcs? - then my partner's PB disables the WiFi. When the signal strength is high it does not appear to happen. My PB should arrive tomorrow and it will be interesting to see if it performs in a similar manner.
Donald
Old 06-04-2012, 04:23 AM   #5
golfcity

Model: 9000
Carrier: voda

Hello, Longcove,
For the record I have never had any issues connecting my PB via Wi-Fi, either on home network or out and about, in fact it's far better than my BB9000 which 'sees' networks but more often than not fails to connect. I've put this down to signal strength but it's inconclusive. Back to the PB, even when there's 1 bar on the strength meter it's still a connection. One other point, I have set up three wireless access points at home and the PB flips from one to the other seamlessly whilst moving around. So as far as Wi-Fi connectivity goes I'm well pleased!!
Closed Thread