miggs21
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: 2404AC18
Carrier: AT&T
Default Email Reconciliation Issue

Please Login to Remove!

Can anyone help me with this:

I'm using Microsoft Exchange (Outlook) and Mac Mail on my 8100. I have the wireless reconciliation set to delete on both the client and blackberry. This appears to be working fine when I delete an email on the 8100 (i.e., it deletes the email on the client - Outlook or MacMail). However, when I delete an email in Outlook or MacMail, it does not delete the email from the 8100.

Please help! thanks
Old 01-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #2
Roadsinger

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Are You On Bis Or Bes If your on BES your IT people will need to fix that issue

Last edited by Roadsinger; 01-18-2007 at 07:19 AM..
Old 01-18-2007, 07:13 AM   #3
Roadsinger

Carrier: T-Mobile

Also do you have wireless recon. turned on on devise? Messages>Menu>options>Email Recon>Wireless Recon>If off change option to ON and save
Old 01-20-2007, 01:18 PM   #4
miggs21

Model: 8300
PIN: 2404AC18
Carrier: AT&T
Default Wireless recon is on..........is this a BIS/BES issue

I'm guessing that since I'm no longer on BES, but rather BIS this is an issue. Still somewhate confused by the fact that it deletes on my desktop if I delete it on the 8100. Why wouldn't it work the other way?

Also is there a way to sync the mail so that the items that aren't deleted from the 8100 will be when I sync?
Old 01-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #5
Flapjack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Cingular

I'm having this same problem. Looking for a resolution. I run my own Exchange server and connect via IMAP.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #6
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

it is not a problem... it is a feature.....

the blackberry dumps your whole mailbox into your messages area. It has a db on the phone that stores them. Just because you delete the messages on your computer, the message will still appear on your blackberry. sometimes if your lucky you can delete a message on the computer and actually resend it from the blackberry saving you time and energy.

if your getting alot of spam, i can see where this is an issue.

i suggest Spam Blocker Filter Anti Spam Email Security Solution

we use it at my company and all client sites. it gets 100% spam. this is not an advert.... check out their site and look at the logos of people using them.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
Flapjack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Right now, we're using NoSpamToday on my Exchange server which does pretty well (SpamAssassin at the core, among other apps...). Still, there is a lot of e-mail.

The problem I have is I have a lot of e-mail. Message board topic notifications, spam, etc... if I delete it from the server, I don't expect to see it on the BB.

The thing that baffles me the most is the crappy little IMAP client on my old Verizon RAZR doesn't show e-mail that has been deleted off the server. This is a BlackBerry, the mecca of all mobile e-mail solutions. Why can't I just directly connect via IMAP and not have this issue? Is it just so BB can check it for me? Sounds like an unnecessary middle-man....

Quote:
Originally Posted by krad
it is not a problem... it is a feature.....

the blackberry dumps your whole mailbox into your messages area. It has a db on the phone that stores them. Just because you delete the messages on your computer, the message will still appear on your blackberry. sometimes if your lucky you can delete a message on the computer and actually resend it from the blackberry saving you time and energy.

if your getting alot of spam, i can see where this is an issue.

i suggest Spam Blocker Filter Anti Spam Email Security Solution

we use it at my company and all client sites. it gets 100% spam. this is not an advert.... check out their site and look at the logos of people using them.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:36 PM   #8
JN99

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadsinger
Also do you have wireless recon. turned on on devise? Messages>Menu>options>Email Recon>Wireless Recon>If off change option to ON and save
I have a problem with this too, and started a thread about it so sorry for double posting but I'm desperate for answers. I don't have this option for email. My email reconciliation option is limited to just the "Delete On" item.

I do have address and calendar wirelss sync, so I don't understand why I don't have email, but I don't. So I am wondering if this is part of an IT policy - is that possible?
Old 01-23-2007, 10:18 PM   #9
Flapjack
Thumbs Must Hurt

EDIT

Wrong post...
Closed Thread