Old 12-28-2008, 11:52 PM   #1
AUDIence

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Outer OEM Replacement Case

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you know any stores/websites online that sells replacement case for the 8800 (not the silicone or the plastic but the real outer shell of the 8800).

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:40 AM   #2
revolutiongto
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

I bought a replacement housing for my curve from cnn.cn It appears they have them for the 8800 as well and in a few different colors.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:55 AM   #3
AUDIence

Model: 8310

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

Was it hard for you to change the case by your self?

Also how long did it take for you to receive the item?

Thanks again.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:12 AM   #4
revolutiongto
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well actually that site has disassembly and reassembly instruction vids here. I'm sure you could probably find some disassembly vids on youtube or the like as well. Here is a step by step but the picture links seem to be busted.

It wasn't too hard to take apart and put back together my 8320, it just takes time and patience if you're not used to doing things like that as there are some fragile pieces that can break (for mine there were small tabs that kept the left and right sides in place which snapped off when I was taking it apart though luckly I was replacing them anyways). Also you'll need to make sure what tools you need, mine needed two different sized hex screwdrivers, and I also bought this double ended pick thing to easily push the tabs and separate the housing.

As for recieving them, the case came from China I believe, and it took about a week and a half to get to me in the US.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
Heavy Fluid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
PIN: Ask please
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cnn.cn does not sell OEM housings. They may be close to OEM, but they are not OEM. They come from Hong Kong.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #6
revolutiongto
Thumbs Must Hurt

Oh I didn't know that. I compared them both when I got them, and I couldn't tell the difference between the housing that came with my Blackberry and the one from cnn. Since they state they are oem and had the carrier logos on them I just figured.

Last edited by revolutiongto; 12-29-2008 at 02:09 PM..
Old 12-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
Heavy Fluid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
PIN: Ask please
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I just took a dump, and it is OEM. Anyone can call anything OEM. If it is or not, that is a different story.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #8
naraiz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I purchased the full body housing for my BB8830WE from CNN and it installed beautifully! The keyboard does not come with it and I bought that too. For under $50.00 I had everything I needed to cosmetically rebuild my Berry. The disassembly and assembly video's they have for the 8830 are right on. Be sure to purchase a Torx #4 tool for removal of the screws and purchase a plastic pry tool. These tools made the process very manageable. You'll notice I didn't say easy... I didn't use the word easy because my 8830WE had a good amount of glue at the top under the side rails and at the top of the back plate. If you are not careful you can snap parts when removing them. If you can remove any excess glue after removal so you won't run into that issue again if you have to disassemble the phone again. Last friendly piece of advice... Use extra care not to get ANY dust on the inside of your display window when installing. Or you will be like me and have to disassemble the phone and go to pain staking efforts to ensure that the inside display is not only free of dust but that no light smears are present. I found the best way to check is to hold the front housing against the display in direct sunlight which shows any dust or smears you may miss in lesser light. Whew... Ok, sorry about the lengthy reply but that is my experience with this process. Good luck.

When it gets to tough for the rest that's when it's just right for me. - Author Unknown
Closed Thread