Old 07-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
Ross0
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: SPCS
Default Gmail (NOT the usual sent mail problem) question

Please Login to Remove!

This is not another thread asking how to stop sent messages from appearing in my inbox on my BB.

However, this is another how to setup gmail thread.

Here is my situation: I want to use gmail on my BB (BIS), on my PC (Outlook/POP) and via gmail.com (webmail) all depending on where I am at a given moment.

I’ve got GMAIL set up in outlook and on my BB such that I am receiving mail without problem. My question is, I cannot for the life of me figure out the necessary rules and filters to make it so all sent messages (from BB, PC and webmail) go to the sent folder on outlook correctly. Ideally, I’d like every message sent through my gmail account, no matter which medium it originates from, to go to a sent mail box in outlook.

Does someone have the correct configuration? I got it so my messages sent from outlook go to the sent box in outlook, but the mail sent from my BB were not showing up in a sent box, yet they show up in the “sent box” (if you can call it that) on webmail.

Thanks,
Old 07-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #2
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The reason is because the Sent folder in Outlook is not the same folder as the Sent Items folder on Gmail. Because the Gmail account is integrated with the BlackBerry, that is why the sent items sync from the BlackBerry.

However, with POP3 the folders don't sync like IMAP, so the Sent Items from Outlook are going to a different folder, a folder on your local drive.

This can't be done with Gmail, as I have tried before.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #3
Ross0
Thumbs Must Hurt

So, I'm confused, what is the best option or closest one can get?

I can only have emails sent from outlook go to the sent folder, while emails sent from BB will not appear in outlook?

I tried auto bccing (setup thru my BIS) my outgoing mail from gmail, but that doesn't seem to be working when I send messages from the BB.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #4
pdone
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross0 View Post
So, I'm confused, what is the best option or closest one can get?

I can only have emails sent from outlook go to the sent folder, while emails sent from BB will not appear in outlook?

I tried auto bccing (setup thru my BIS) my outgoing mail from gmail, but that doesn't seem to be working when I send messages from the BB.
I have it set up through BIS to auto BCC an email account different than gmail and then set up a rule in outlook to move it to my sent mail folder and it works for me. If you need me to provide more detail, I'd be happy to do so.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:08 AM   #5
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdone View Post
I have it set up through BIS to auto BCC an email account different than gmail and then set up a rule in outlook to move it to my sent mail folder and it works for me. If you need me to provide more detail, I'd be happy to do so.
That is a good workaround. I didn't even think of this. Good find!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
Ross0
Thumbs Must Hurt

I thought of doing that. So I could bcc it to another address (say something I create just for that purpose) and then I could filter mail to that address to my gmail sent folder on outlook. Is that essentially what you do?

Thanks!
Jason
Old 07-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
pdone
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross0 View Post
I thought of doing that. So I could bcc it to another address (say something I create just for that purpose) and then I could filter mail to that address to my gmail sent folder on outlook. Is that essentially what you do?

Thanks!
Jason

Exactly!
Closed Thread