Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 12:56 AM   #21
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone had the Pearl and now the 8800? I would like to know how much better viewing videos is on the 8800's larger screen. Much of a difference?

Thanks
Old 03-03-2007, 04:40 AM   #22
baconismidog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Default Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
I continue to have playback problems with the Maintain Aspect Ratio setting. The videos pause in the middle but with custom set at 320x180 the playback is smooth.
Thank you for the feedback. Because of Stinsondog and a few others' troubleshooting efforts, I have set 320x180 as the default 8800 aspect until we can get the other aspects perfected. I have put up a build encompassing all the bug fixes from this week and some changes to the file transfer browser.

Thanks guys,

B
Old 03-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #23
DarbSkull

Model: 8700c

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconismidog
Basically, I am assuming that he has a laptop or access to one. If not, he will want to get creative with coffe-shop and internet-cafe access...
Getting videos to his laptop is the easy part. I'm trying to get the videos to his BlackBerry when he doesn't have his laptop with him. Email would be perfect. It works for .wav files but not .mp3 or .mp4, which are the only other formats I have tried so far.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:53 AM   #24
baconismidog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarbSkull
Getting videos to his laptop is the easy part. I'm trying to get the videos to his BlackBerry when he doesn't have his laptop with him. Email would be perfect. It works for .wav files but not .mp3 or .mp4, which are the only other formats I have tried so far.
I am not sure if there is a way to OTA videos to the Blackberry that are greater than 5mb - that said if you try to open a video <5mb from the web it will fail (test this here: http://www.seabirdtech.com/%7Ebbvide...40X-2-LAVC.avi ) The proceeding video will play fine when transferred to the Blackberry from Windoze, but will fail if tried to play by opening from the internet. If the video is greater than 5 mb, it will not even try to open.

Corportate email gateways will often limit internal email (the case here) to ~25mb and external to ~10mb.

You might try converting to an avi and emailing but I don't think it will work. I am not the expert on this by any means, but I have not found a good way to get video of any size on the Blackberry without using a computer to transfer them.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #25
superdisco
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: FIDO

This program is awesome but I am having a hard time converting a DVD movie.... I can convert any other videos that I have on my computer no problem but I cannot figure out how to convert a dvd movie.... HELP!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:50 AM   #26
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdisco
This program is awesome but I am having a hard time converting a DVD movie.... I can convert any other videos that I have on my computer no problem but I cannot figure out how to convert a dvd movie.... HELP!!!!!!
If the movie is encrypted it won't convert it. You need to decrypt it first and save it to your PC then convert it. So its two steps and a longer process.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:54 AM   #27
superdisco

Makes sense thanx..... I'll do a search on google and try to figure it out!!!! GREAT PROGRAM...
Old 03-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #28
superdisco

Any suggestions for a ripper?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:01 PM   #29
DarbSkull

Model: 8700c

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconismidog
I am not sure if there is a way to OTA videos to the Blackberry that are greater than 5mb
Yeah, the commercial I'm working with is only 3mb, so it's not a file size size issue. I haven't had any luck making an AVI yet, but that's my next project.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #30
WebSurfer

Model: Bold
Carrier: at&t

There is really no comparison. The larger screen size actually makes viewing a movie acceptable. The 8100 is a great phone and will do the video, but the 8800 is the winner for video, hands down.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #31
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdisco
Makes sense thanx..... I'll do a search on google and try to figure it out!!!! GREAT PROGRAM...
In the 8100 thread there are some mentioned.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #32
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

I had another issue yesterday with the converted videos. When I would get an email in the middle of a video, the player would stop, most of the time and not restart.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:02 PM   #33
portwineboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarbSkull
Yeah, the commercial I'm working with is only 3mb, so it's not a file size size issue. I haven't had any luck making an AVI yet, but that's my next project.
I'm having the exact same issue. I work with TV commercials and I can't figure out how to OTA video attachments. No matter what format I put the videos in the BB doesn't allow me to save or open the attachment. These files are all between 1MB and 4MB, so they aren't hitting the 5MB limit.

Perhaps there is just no OTA video support at all?
Old 03-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #34
Bashlor

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

Software works great! Thanks for making this so easy.

One question. Is there anyway to force true full screen and get rid of those navigation bars in the media player? Get some full edge to edge screen love?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #35
mastlarka

I got a very basic question (I am new to the blackberry world). I just downloaded and installed the Seabyrd file on my desktop. How do I get this to my blackberry? Also, it would be helpful if someone can walk me through downloading and viewing a simple video file (e.g. youtube file).

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #36
baconismidog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastlarka
I got a very basic question (I am new to the blackberry world). I just downloaded and installed the Seabyrd file on my desktop. How do I get this to my blackberry? Also, it would be helpful if someone can walk me through downloading and viewing a simple video file (e.g. youtube file).

Thanks.
The Seabyrd Tech program is only going to work on your PC. You can use it to transfer files to your Blackberry after you have used it to encode them.

Please make sure you have the latest version, 1.13.0.7. If you don't get it from my website. In comparison to 1.12 it has increased DVD support, a file browser that will assist you in transferring files to and from your Blackberry, and most importantly a help file.

P.S. - If anyone needs to see anything in the help file, please let me know.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #37
Bashlor

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

Is there anyway to setup some kind of batch processing? I've got dozens of sitcoms with each episode in a separate avi and I'd like to set it up to re-encode them overnight.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:38 AM   #38
baconismidog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashlor
Is there anyway to setup some kind of batch processing? I've got dozens of sitcoms with each episode in a separate avi and I'd like to set it up to re-encode them overnight.
That will be the biggest feature in the next release. I am working it out right now. I am a few steps away from creating batch processing. I will be sure to post the next beta with the batch feature to threads in this forum first.

Now, though, you can spawn as many mencoder sessions as you want from the program. Just start one, click out of the ensuing messages, and start a second encoding job. You will end up with a bunch of cmd windows open all working to encode your videos.

WARNING: I have a pretty beefy machine and I can't really get more than 5 to work without causing severe slowdowns. THUS - I officially do NOT recommend spawning more than 5 mencoder sessions from the program at once. But, even with that limitation it will take you 20% of the time it originally would have to encode all those seinfields...

If you want to be notified of "bleeding edge" releases (read: potentially unstable) just send me an email and I can let you know when I get something working.

B

Last edited by baconismidog; 03-07-2007 at 12:44 AM..
Old 03-07-2007, 02:25 AM   #39
cmikepee

does this work for us mac users? if it's windows only (as i suspect), is there anything similar for a mac guy?
Old 03-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #40
b00st3d
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

had a weird one today...i converted an avi, and it played fine on my 8800, however, if i would fast forward a few minutes, it would jump back to the beginning and start playing from the start...i couldnt figure it out...im going to try to reencode the avi again.
Closed Thread