BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
akdiramo

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel
Default Problem syncing my Address Book.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi -

I am having an issue trying to sync my address book between my device (BB 8520) and my Outlook. I had set my address book for wireless sync and it was working quite well. Recently, I noticed that some contacts that I had on my Outlook were not appearing in my BB device. There are about 868 contacts in my Outlook and 853 in my BB. I have tried to get them in sync without success:
- Tried deleting the contact book in BB and resync with Outlook. I disabled the wireless sync and tried to do this. The sync process identified the 868 contacts but did not copy them onto my device even though the process seemed to go through and did not seem to report any errors.

I am looking for solutions for 2 issues now:

1) How do I get back in sync ?
2) What caused the problem in the first place so that I can prevent this from happening in future.

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
lprmcnit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon

I've seen issues like this when the rogue contacts were created on/imported from some other mobile device, particularly Palm devices...if you can identify the rogue ones, is there any common thread between them? With Palm imported contacts, in the past I've backed them up using desktop manager, deleted the device database and then re-imported them with desktop manager. That seemed to fix them. Since in this case the bad contacts are in Outlook, not the device, something else will be necessary..if you create a new contact in Outlook, does that go across? If there is something "weird" about the 15, you may beed to delete and re-create....
Old 08-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
Andi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Any chance you have 15 distribution lists in Outlook? Distrobution lists have to be created on the blackberry and are not transferred between the two.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
PETERPNYC

Model: 9650
Carrier: SPRINT
Default Re: Problem syncing my Address Book.

Hi
I see that someone has mentioned Rogue comtacts. I have 1689 or so on my Bold 9650 and keep deleteing and changeing things on my Outlook 2007 and it does not come over.

I think the rogue theroy is correct. I deleleted 5 from my Outllok and they are not deleted on my device. Instead my device keeps creating them over again in Outllo and on the device itself.

I brought them over from a PALM like you mentioned. I did a new entry test and it came over from outlook to Device perfectly

How do I do the complete process you mentioned. Also just updated to OS 6.0 2 days ago and I think it is worse now than before

Last edited by PETERPNYC; 01-08-2011 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: typo
Closed Thread