Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
JASharf

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Facebook Installation

Please Login to Remove!

I recently got a replacement BB Curve 8330. I am about to download the facebook application, but I remembered last time I did it, all my facebook friends that were also contacts in my BB Address Book had their facebook picture attached to their bb contacts profile and anytime they called me, their facebook picture came up. I was told last time to "unlink" facebook to my contacts and then manually delete each pic. BUT I was also told that I could have avoided doing all this if I only had selected or deselected an option when I first downloaded or ran the program. Can anyone tell me what I should do either upon installation or upon singing in for the first time, to the facebook program, to avoid having the facebook pics linked with my contacts so I do not have to unlink them later and delete them?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
Sparxxed

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

During installation and setup, there are the checks to pick on whether you want that to happen or not. Just read as you through the steps and you should have no problem.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
JASharf

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

At what point? Are you talking baout setting permissions which happenes right in the begining of the installation? If yes, which option are u refering to, bcz I cannot see any that relates. If not, at which point does the option appear and do you knwo what it says?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparxxed View Post
During installation and setup, there are the checks to pick on whether you want that to happen or not. Just read as you through the steps and you should have no problem.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Ntrigue26
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330m
PIN: 309C6720
Carrier: Sprint

When you first access Facebook after the install there should be a set-up wizard which will say:

Connect your Facebook account with:

BlackBerry Messenger Application
BlackBerry Calendar Application
BlackBerry Contacts Application

Each with a check box to either leave checked (active) or unchecked (inactive). This is followed by a brief description of what Facebook will do with these applications followed by another final option that reads:

Update existing photos in your BlackBerry contacts list with Facebook friend profile photos.

Unchecking any and all of these will deactivate that service with Facebook.

Hope that help!
Closed Thread