Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
mtor82

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Unhappy 9700 & Issues with Facebook

Please Login to Remove!

I just got a blackberry bold 9700 today and i installed all my apps but I am running into issues when an app requires me to login.

When trying to log into facebook i get error message, "Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support."

The thing is I have a full 3G connection and I'm able to go to websites easily on the phone. BBM is working, texting is working, Email is working. my weather app is working. Everything is work except facebook and ubertwitter. I've tried calling T-mobile but they tell me I have to get onto another phone before they can help me and I dont have any other phones. Anyone else having same problems?
Old 11-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
pvdilf40
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMO

I got that alot today too but I'm on an 8320 (my 9700 hasn't arrived yet). I think it's Facebook issue, not a 9700 issue.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

I've been having FB issues all day with connecting, as well as other apps that require data. Probably not just you.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

I don't know if it's an 9700 (i'm using a 8900)

But....last night I was browsing app world. Couldn't find the new AIM version. I have AIM already. Even though it's installed, appworld was telling me the program was not available through my service provider, etc etc.

No trouble connecting to AIM, just can't find it through appworld, and appworld says its not compatible.

Wierd? Could it be related?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:44 PM   #5
mm16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtor82 View Post
I just got a blackberry bold 9700 today and i installed all my apps but I am running into issues when an app requires me to login.

When trying to log into facebook i get error message, "Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support."

The thing is I have a full 3G connection and I'm able to go to websites easily on the phone. BBM is working, texting is working, Email is working. my weather app is working. Everything is work except facebook and ubertwitter. I've tried calling T-mobile but they tell me I have to get onto another phone before they can help me and I dont have any other phones. Anyone else having same problems?
I've been having the same exact problems, but i've been able to get on some websites through t-mobile's web2go. and i hate using that (does that charge me btw?). And facebook has been a no show all day.

I hope something is wrong with T-Mobile and not my phone, because besides this i'm loving the 9700.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
leicashot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

I have the same facebook and other connection issues....not a great start for T-Mobile!!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:50 AM   #7
leicashot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Ok, so it's 23:49 in LA and my Facebook app has decided to work all of a sudden. Let's hope today will be a bad memory tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
mtor82

Hey guys, Everything's working now! Turns out there was a big BIS outage yesterday that must have been the problem. Here's a link to an article for proof

BlackBerry Internet Service stricken with global outages?

Everything working for you guys now?

OH btw the 9700 is great for anyone who's getting it. It's my first bb :D
Old 11-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
phail

Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtor82 View Post

I purchased the 9700 yesterday as well and I was having the EXACT same issues as described in this thread, after spending about an hour on the phone with Tmobile all they could do was narrow down the fact that it had to be something with THIS model being that my old model (8310) worked fine. After I got off the phone I did some tinkering in the settings and it turns out that Tmobile or blackberry for whatever reason released the 9700 with the wrong default APN in place, this is the reason for the authentication errors on third party apps. If you go to your Settings/Options/Advanced Options/TCP/IP you will see your default APN is listed as epc.tmobile.com, if you change this to the correct APN of wap.voicestream.com you will be able to use your phone as it should be with any app (facebook included). I've called this solution into Tmobile this morning and they will probably start rolling it out once they pass it up to the right ppl.
Closed Thread