BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #1
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107
Default Memory Management: 8100 & future BB's + MicroSD.

Please Login to Remove!

Ok This question goes out to ALL of you that claim to have the 8100!

How does it perform its memory management in terms of pulling down a LARGE email with say a 1.2-3MB attachment? More specifically, I had felt that the BB's were in desperate need of increased internal flash memory to handle attachments that have been "retrieved". However, now that the 8100 has a MicroSD card, when a user pulls down the attachment to view do they ....

1) Have the ability to retrieve the attachment/large email WHILE the BB unit puts it to the MicroSD card 'temporarily' to keep main RAM free for quick response of navigating other apps then just jump back to the attachment??

2) Is the ability to SAVE the attachment to the MicroSD card there? If not will RIM implement a BES ability that when a user tries to save the attachment (email created by another sending, not themselves) and see a menu option called, lets say " request to save" and a quick email is sent to the email sender with a clickable button (like what notes 6.x has) that the sender can select either " NO dont allow -or- Yes Allow" so that it gets back to the user wirelessly and then automatically begins attachment archiving to the memory card?

3) I was hoping that saved pages from the WAP or Blackberry Browser can be saved to the MicroSD card instead.

I ask this because a quick skim through the new manual posted on engadget hasnt shown any answers to this. furthermore, I've seen too many smartphones, like that of common P900+P990i or the N series S60's that have memory management issues for quick responsiveness.

PS. I did a search but my search criteria resulted in nothing close to my questions.

BTW, LOVE the new encryption & password options of locking the MicroSD card. This feature is supported natively with ALL the SD family (SD, MiniSD & MicroSD/Tflash) since the beginning YET hasnt been implemented in the mainstream market.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
paulrolson

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

I own a Blackberry Pearl on Cingular and I am not able to find an option to save an email attachment to the media card (or anywhere for that matter). This would be a huge benefit to allow email attachments to subsequently be transfered to my laptop while traveling or for easy forwarding at a later date. I really wish this feature was there and I have read articles that say it exists on the Pearl, but I am unable to find such a feature.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #3
dlpisgreat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

It seems that if it is an image, it will allow you to save it. Native Excel won't save it.
Closed Thread