Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
SnowWhiteMemorialPrison

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default I should have bought an iphone over the Storm 9530

Please Login to Remove!

I just created new users on any blackberry forms I could find! I needed to get my gospel to the masses.

The blackberry Storm (9530) is a glitch POS & was released far to early to be anything but a consumer gimmick. I switched from an Iphone 3g (jailbroken) to the Storm… I actually bought 4 of them w/ a Verizon plan… They where spouse to come with 8gm micro SD cards preinstalled; When Verizon sends me my phones none of them have the chips… I call Verizon, they tell me I have to send all 4 handsets back & it will be s 2 weeks turnaround (Expedited) before I even have a phone back. So I take the shot in the pants and keep going, next I find out Verizon lied about %100 Rev- A

add www prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/06-29-2007/0004618056&EDATE=Verizon Wireless: 100 Percent Of Wireless Broadband Network Now Enhanced With Faster Speeds

If the above press release from Verizon is correct; How come my UM-175(3g) modem connects National Access (Rev-0) almost half the time. If I force the modem HDR only in these Rev-A/ Rev-0 fridge zones I get no internet. Can someone tell me how come Verizon can release a PR saying
“Verizon Wireless announced today that all of its CDMA 1x Evolution-Data Optimized (EVDO) network nationwide has been enhanced to Revision (Rev.) A technology.”- But I’m still forced Rev-0????
So I call and write EVERYONE at Verizon looking for answers (from tech support to Ivan Seidenberg CEO). No one would answer me; so I wrote the Better Business Buru online a complaint. Verizon called me 15 days later to tell me that they would call me in another 15 days… Verizon seem to just be giving me the runaround rather then answer my questions.
So I made it my personal vendetta to scour the internet letting others know what a bad company Verizon is. Also how crappy the RIM Blackberry is; The handset is a true display in bad consumer testing. Across 4 Storms I find they all glitch in many, many different ways (From lagging & locking up to full soft resets) The iphone wasn’t perfect by any stretch but a million times better then any storm will every be. If just 1 person reads this post and buys a iphone instead of a blackberry; Then I feel better

P.S You whant to know what really grinds my gears…

Blackberry Storm
Visual Voicemail- $2.99/ month
VZ Navigator w/ GPS- $9.99/ month
Use Handset as a Modem 5120mb- $14.99/ month
Verizon only App store- Priceless
-ALL FREE ON THE IPHONE
I’m tired of Verizon ripping $27.97 a month more then they should be
Old 01-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
moviemogul
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: I have one, but do you want it :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhiteMemorialPrison View Post
I just created new users on any blackberry forms I could find! I needed to get my gospel to the masses.

The blackberry Storm (9530) is a glitch POS & was released far to early to be anything but a consumer gimmick. I switched from an Iphone 3g (jailbroken) to the Storm… I actually bought 4 of them w/ a Verizon plan… They where spouse to come with 8gm micro SD cards preinstalled; When Verizon sends me my phones none of them have the chips… I call Verizon, they tell me I have to send all 4 handsets back & it will be s 2 weeks turnaround (Expedited) before I even have a phone back. So I take the shot in the pants and keep going, next I find out Verizon lied about %100 Rev- A

add www prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/06-29-2007/0004618056&EDATE=Verizon Wireless: 100 Percent Of Wireless Broadband Network Now Enhanced With Faster Speeds

If the above press release from Verizon is correct; How come my UM-175(3g) modem connects National Access (Rev-0) almost half the time. If I force the modem HDR only in these Rev-A/ Rev-0 fridge zones I get no internet. Can someone tell me how come Verizon can release a PR saying
“Verizon Wireless announced today that all of its CDMA 1x Evolution-Data Optimized (EVDO) network nationwide has been enhanced to Revision (Rev.) A technology.”- But I’m still forced Rev-0????
So I call and write EVERYONE at Verizon looking for answers (from tech support to Ivan Seidenberg CEO). No one would answer me; so I wrote the Better Business Buru online a complaint. Verizon called me 15 days later to tell me that they would call me in another 15 days… Verizon seem to just be giving me the runaround rather then answer my questions.
So I made it my personal vendetta to scour the internet letting others know what a bad company Verizon is. Also how crappy the RIM Blackberry is; The handset is a true display in bad consumer testing. Across 4 Storms I find they all glitch in many, many different ways (From lagging & locking up to full soft resets) The iphone wasn’t perfect by any stretch but a million times better then any storm will every be. If just 1 person reads this post and buys a iphone instead of a blackberry; Then I feel better

P.S You whant to know what really grinds my gears…

Blackberry Storm
-ALL FREE ON THE IPHONE
I’m tired of Verizon ripping $27.97 a month more then they should be
Ok, a) go away troll.

b) on your cost rundown:
Visual Voicemail: Not necessary, pure aesthetic. I don't have it
VZNavigator: Not necessary, BB Maps works just fine, also other alternatives (Garmin)
Use Handset as modem: In my situation, I have a seperate modem for my laptop. However, that's not unreasonable IMO

I still don't see where your arguement is. The issue with your 8gb cards was a rarity. I have been a Verizon sub for years. They are always good with their customer service.

I don't pay $27.97 more than I should, nor will I.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
AgTitan06
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I'm not even going to read this poorly written excuse for a review.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
If your communications to those that never got back to you were anything like this one, I'm not surprised they never answered you.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
SpectreBlofeld
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630

You cannot officially tether at all with the iphone at this time; all tethering is done via workarounds that could be broken by the next firmware update.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
rpjohs

The storm isnt for everyone. Personally, I love mine. It has its issues, but the good far surpasses the bad IMO.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Moved to rants and raves.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #8
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

It's called researching something before you buy it.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #9
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBlofeld View Post
You cannot officially tether at all with the iphone at this time; all tethering is done via workarounds that could be broken by the next firmware update.
thats true, only way to tether at the moment is via jailbroken app.

I agree though, do your research before purchase and do not rush to buy devices, let the feedback come out before buying.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #10
searly
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Mine...

The Storm does have its issues, no argument here! However, to condemn ALL Blackberry's is ridiculous. Do yourself and everyone else here a favor and grab a Curve or Bold (if you want to try another carrier) and get back to us....

As far as VZW is concerned, I agree with you with regards to the "nickle-and-dimeing" us to death. I just can't get away from their network. I have been with all of them and, to me, there is very little to compare in any of them... VZW has been superior in my experience (which is a bummer, 'cause I would love to jump ship for a Bold, but network means more to me than device)...
Old 01-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
viet2100
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Blackberry Storm
-ALL FREE ON THE IPHONE
Ixxx8217;m tired of Verizon ripping $27.97 a month more then they should be
Visual Voicemail - you don't have to have it. There are other apps you can get for free.
VZ navigator - tell your iPhone to talk to you and good luck finding yourself within 5000 meters.
Tether - uh, iSmudge can't do that.
BLACKBERRY APP STORE - in the making. If i recall correctly, the iPhone didn't have an app store upon release...

Last edited by rachamphetamine; 01-20-2009 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: language
Old 01-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #12
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Got to love people who create an account just to make one or two rant posts.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #13
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

viet -
the tethering is coming, same price as BB though. Unless you jailbreak the iphone then its free...

and the people who come in to vent and then never post again are the one who do not research the purchase before they buy. this is another classic example.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #14
turn_key

Model: 8330m
PIN: G PAL4 Putter
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by viet2100 View Post
VZ navigator - tell your iPhone to talk to you and good luck finding yourself within 5000 meters.
That really made me laugh out loud for some reason...
Old 01-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #15
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller

Damn, I could have had a V-8!