BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
floz23
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Unhappy Service Programming Code - Did I partially brick my 7250?

Please Login to Remove!

Blackberry Guru's, help me with my Verizon 7250.

Yesterday I upgraded my data plan with verizon to the "unlimited" (really 5gb) dataplan at $44.95 a month. You know, you really cant say within 10mb, unless you only use it for email...

Anyway, I wanted to see if I could get free tethering to my laptop, and avoid paying "big red" the extra $15 a month for it. I was more interested is using this feature in emergency situations, than abusing it on a daily basis. So, thinking that the phone has a qualcomm chipset, I thought I could use a previous hack that served me so well in the past, with other non-smartphone phones.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - How to enable EVDO DUN on ANY EVDO capable phone in 10 easy steps!

Thinking that I could just simply revert the changes made in QPST if the attempted hack was unsucessful, I tried. QPST worked flawlessly, I backed up the settings, made the changes and wrote it to the phone. The blackberry rebooted, everything was still functional, but the free tethering was still blocking me. "Oh well," I thought, "I'll just revert the change, and be a little upset to pay big red $15 extra a month."

WRONG! It seems as if there is a security feature somewhere. The phone has mysteriously changed the Service Programming Unlock Code on me!!! Help! On all Verizon phones the code is simply 000000. I can't use *228 to update the PRL or do an over the air program, I can't use QPST to revert the change, and I can't use ##000000 to program the phone with the phone itself.

Did I just partially brick my device? I say partially because the device is still fully functional, but I will never be able to give the device to anyone, update my PRL, etc...

Please, any help would be appreciated.

-Adam
Old 11-01-2007, 10:14 PM   #2
RonKimball

Model: 7250
PIN: N/A
Carrier: PagePlus

Same thing happened to me!
I found this thread in Googling for a solution. There must be some way to recover from this!
Closed Thread