BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One
Default TMO BIS outage? and weird email from Blackberry system.

Please Login to Remove!

I received a email from Blackberry system saying my gmail account is no longer accessible from my blackberry device. It said "this issue is likely caused by a recent change to the password user to access the account".

However, I did not change my gmail password and I could receive email yesterday.

Additionally, I tried to access TMO BIS page and I was not able to log into it at all.

Is it an outage from TMO?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

My advice is clear cache and cookies and try logging on to TMO again.

I've had this happen before. No big deal. Some glitch or something and RIM can't access the internet email server, I assume. Easily corrected with re-entering username and password in BIS, at least in my cases.

UPDATE: I just logged on to my t-mobile and navigated to the BIS page, no trouble.

Last edited by aiharkness; 11-19-2007 at 12:56 PM..
Old 11-19-2007, 12:49 PM   #3
VickyPaz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: TMobile

The site is having problems. I went to pay a bill and kept getting directed to an error page. Probably temporary...just hold tight.

Incidentally, this happened to my email once too. I just had to log in each account and re-save and it was fine after.

However, can't you access your email accounts from your BB directly? I think if you go to the 'set up internet email' icon on your BB it will direct your browser to TM and your BIS email accounts and you *may* be able fix it that way.

Worth a shot. Good luck.

'I am stuck on Blackberry and my Blackberry's stuck on me'

Last edited by VickyPaz; 11-19-2007 at 12:50 PM..
Old 11-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

Quote:
Originally Posted by plchan View Post
I received a email from Blackberry system saying my gmail account is no longer accessible from my blackberry device. It said "this issue is likely caused by a recent change to the password user to access the account".

However, I did not change my gmail password and I could receive email yesterday.

Additionally, I tried to access TMO BIS page and I was not able to log into it at all.

That is odd. It is resolved by updating the same password of my gmail acct in the BIS page.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #5
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon

that happened to me...i received an email out of no-where that BIS could not access my Gmail account. i logged onto BIS and re-entered in the password and username etc, and then it worked.

HOWEVER...after I did that...then this issue started occuring. please see the link to my other thread about the Gmail application sent mail sync issue:

Here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-problems.html

please read that thread and tell me if you are experiencing the same problem after you got that message from BIS. make sure to follow the exact steps that i layed out in the Thread

Last edited by JGBerry; 11-19-2007 at 01:06 PM..
Old 11-19-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by plchan View Post

That is odd. It is resolved by updating the same password of my gmail acct in the BIS page.
That's what I was saying.... And I don't think it is just gmail. It has happened to me with and Yahoo and one of my personal ISP addresses.