Kcorbett
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zduchene View Post
has anyone noticed that while on a call if you try to bring up the number pad a bunch of weird characters come up instead?

I am having this issue so far. The only other one was when I tried to watch a video it rebooted on me...bummer.
Yeah, I had that problem too. Also, has rebooted randomly in the middle of a song twice.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #102
Masterteee89
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

I have installed it yesterday and its not bad... although this is the first beta i have installed on my storm cause off all the reviews i read for .85 .86... being not so good. I never minded .75 but this one seems to be a bit better i suppose...

Pros
Full QWERTY in portrait view (hard to get used to cause of how small the letter icons are but its nice)
A lot faster than .75 (less lag!!.. faster accelerometer too)
Scrolling is quicker and more responsive (as well as the screen overall)

Cons
Home screen icons - Font size and icon size too big!
Camera is still wacky for me

Overall its still really buggy but i haven't experienced some of the problems others are having....yet.... I just cant wait for an actual final release!!
Old 01-24-2009, 05:45 AM   #103
Masterteee89
Thumbs Must Hurt

Look at the difference in the menu and font size! I don't like the .90 way at all!

Left (.75) and Right (.90)

Last edited by Masterteee89; 01-24-2009 at 05:47 AM..
Old 01-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #104
bjchantry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
I posted a previous concern over .90 now I found 1 additional problem. Previously I noted that this update does not fix the "media card inserted" message on re-boot that then leads to the verizon wireless logo that does not go away. Unless you pull the batter again (and sometimes again, and again). I have started pulling the media card with the battery then once the device is back up and running, re-inserting the media card. Just faster than booting again and again, sometimes. This is one issue that really needs to be addressed.

I have also noticed that yes the camera is much faster, however it is not saving the pictures anywhere that I have found. Checked options for the camera and it says saving pictures to the media card. But they are not there.

Might downgrade from .90
I agree, still have the Media Card issue. I am almost convinced this is in there just to be a PIA for those that want to use beta versions How hard can it be to fix the media card issue. I just pull it with the battery like you and insert once the phone has started.

For the camera issue, mine was working fine then after a battery pull, can't remember why, I read your comment and decided to try it. No storage, the camera screen would "flicker" but no sound with regards to the click and save occurred. I went into options, changed the save location to the BB from the media card, saved, went back in and changed back to media card, all is good.

Another poster queried the possibility of the memory card being bad, this is my second storm and memory card and it has happened with .83, .85, .86 and now .90 on two different Storms.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #105
paulmac

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjchantry View Post
I agree, still have the Media Card issue. I am almost convinced this is in there just to be a PIA for those that want to use beta versions How hard can it be to fix the media card issue. I just pull it with the battery like you and insert once the phone has started.

For the camera issue, mine was working fine then after a battery pull, can't remember why, I read your comment and decided to try it. No storage, the camera screen would "flicker" but no sound with regards to the click and save occurred. I went into options, changed the save location to the BB from the media card, saved, went back in and changed back to media card, all is good.

Another poster queried the possibility of the memory card being bad, this is my second storm and memory card and it has happened with .83, .85, .86 and now .90 on two different Storms.

Thanks for the tip. Changing the storage location to the device, saving, then back to the media card fixed the camera issue.

Now if they can just get rid of that "media card inserted" crap when you do a battery pull or re-boot. BTW even removing the media card and booting the device up does not help. I have gotten "no media card" inserted when the device re-boots, followed by the verizon wireless logo screen. I had to pull the battery on mine 3 times in a row before it finally booted up normally without any media card error.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #106
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

yep, still getting the media card issue here. Four battery pull reboots in a row for me last night before it rebooted clean.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #107
mello

Model: 8300

I notice when you caps lock or number lock, it stays that way even if you close the keyboard. I think in .75 it's it's back to lower case next time you come back to the keyboard.

Also, now I don't see thumbnails on Youtube.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:00 AM   #108
jskolm85
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I am starting to have random freezing issue and reboots also. Media Card insert Error, and sometimes it just freezes for like 10 seconds and comes back with no issues. But I can't track it down yet either.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #109
bobm445
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: Head
Carrier: verizon

I was getting all kinds of wierd things happening with the media card and the screen of death. I copied all my files from the media card to my PC, reformated the card, booted the phone with the newly formatted media card, connected it to my PC and went into windows explorer and copied all my files back onto the card in their proper folders. I have been error free since then and can play music, surf the web, make calls ..... no errors. give that a try
Old 01-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #110
jskolm85
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobm445 View Post
I was getting all kinds of wierd things happening with the media card and the screen of death. I copied all my files from the media card to my PC, reformated the card, booted the phone with the newly formatted media card, connected it to my PC and went into windows explorer and copied all my files back onto the card in their proper folders. I have been error free since then and can play music, surf the web, make calls ..... no errors. give that a try
I tried that too. I am going to try copying all my ringers and Background images to the Device Memory and see if that helps any. Maybe accessing the Media card is causing the issues.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #111
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

PIN: ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
yep, still getting the media card issue here. Four battery pull reboots in a row for me last night before it rebooted clean.
I never had the Media Card issue prior to .90 ... Not on .65, .75, .76, .85, .86 .. Just on .90 Strange Huh?
Old 01-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #112
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

PIN: ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by froussy View Post
oh I just see that too.
Once you see it, it becomes annoying! ... Fortunately Talk Lock covers it up while in a call so I don't have to look at it often.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #113
BasilB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnmuroco View Post
Here's something else I noticed. When sending email with the phone in portrait I have the suretype keyboard coming up, however, when I'm using the browser in portrait the keyboard is come up as the phone keypad. I can't get the browser to use the suretype keyboard.

Anybody else experiencing this?
I am having the same problem with the keyboard when I open the browser in portrait mode I prefer the suretype keyboard, however, I can not get it to come up. I get the multi press or the qwerty keyboard I prefer the suretype in browser mode, and it won't display.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #114
vistate

Model: 7130
Carrier: bell

I love .90.

Its stable - 24 hours no reboot/crash or memory overloading. Very quick and responsive. 100x better than .85. phone keyboard is much larger, the suretype keyboard which is my godsend is bigger and is much more responsive. RIM is on its way with this software update. I recommend this update highly

I compared the full keyboard in regular view to my friends iphone last night - essentially identical. I think that style of keyboard is terrible tho - I am an X pearl user.

The camera is much more responsive. Web browsing is again very responsive and loads very quickly. Scrolling through your homescreen is very responsive. Very nice work here.

Last edited by vistate; 01-24-2009 at 02:31 PM..
Old 01-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #115
Vanderdo

Model: Storm

Am I the only one who completley ln lost their application center icon? mine was replaced with a "phone" icon that takes me to my recent calls?
Old 01-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #116
drewlor

This is by far the worst os for me. I have the random reboots. I can't play a full song without the phone rebooting itself. I also have all the issues everyone else has been speaking about. I decided to just downgrade to
.85 os.Ill just wait for the next leak and try that one.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #117
lambdacoreaz
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 304AEE5F
Carrier: VZW

1. app switch ability is lost after a few hrs of operation
2. memory leaking...badly...
3. switching from portrait to landscape while sending an email or text is EXTREMELY SLOW
4. camera won't snap pics unless i keep tapping the button
5. browser typing has become incredibly slow compared to .85
6. connectivity to the network times out all too often
7. talklock was not working until i did a battery pull several times
8. pushing numbers while in a call (on automated systems) is REALLY DELAYED
9. everytime i go into PHONE OPTIONS the phone freezes and the process crashes
10. full KB in portrait sucks
11. bigger fonts make me feel like i have a vision problem
12. interrupting a ringtone stored on the media card has atleast a 2-3 second delay between me pressing ANY button or clicking the screen and the ringtone stopping
13. cannot highlight multiple messages and select the MARK OPENED or MARK UNREAD options (infact they don't even appear as options on the tool bar anymore)
14. if i start doing something real memory intensive on the phone it just freezes up and crashes...

14 reasons too many -- I'm going back to .85 or .86 if i can find a version that won't uninstall my spellchecker

7105t>8320>9530 whats a curve?

Last edited by lambdacoreaz; 01-24-2009 at 06:37 PM..
Old 01-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #118
Jeremybillie

I am having major issues as well. 6 restarts today! Where do I find .85 Everywhere I search the site has removed it???
Old 01-25-2009, 02:46 AM   #119
PHLAK

I have finally given up, I have downgraded back to .86, the periodic reboots and inability to take a picture 75% of the time were too much, I will wait until .91+ Other than that though, .90 is fantastic, blazing fast and (while I didn't use it much), the full querty keyboard in portrait is a nice update.

My BlackBerry Storm Wallpapers
Old 01-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #120
jgb@etree
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: VZW

I'll have to see how the next 24 hours go - I upgraded last night.

After being displeased with .85 & .86, I've been relatively happy & functional with .75 but some of the .90 reviews caught my interest.

So far, it seems to be quick & stable, although after a reboot, it seems like it takes a minute or so before the accelerometer 'wakes up' and becomes responsive.

I don't really use the camera function, but I know that has been a major issue for some. The camera is much, much faster than in prior versions.

Full keyboard in portrait is great. I'd like to see the phone app tweaked to operate in landscape mode. It does work in landscape mode while docked, but several functions are missing. The new 'pocket-friendly' function of the lock feature in versions > .75 sucks, but I'm going to try to adapt.

My initial reaction is that this *could* be the best release yet, but I need some more time to see if the device spontaneously reboots like some have reported.

One thing that I've continued to be surprised by is that how so many people with the same device & software have completely opposite experiences, etc.

You'd almost think that 50% of the people posting either a) have no clue what they are talking about, or b) don't even own a 95xx!

BES 5.0.4 ~ BES 10.1
Closed Thread