BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Were you able to use the application successfully?
Yes 305 86.65%
No 47 13.35%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 12:52 PM   #341
dcfella
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyububba
are you sure you removed your previous install before updating with the patch. check to see if you have 2 jivetalk icons.

the normal behavior with the unpatched version is to send with enter. with the patched version, you edit in a different text field and have to select send to send.
Thanks for the quick fix. I did indeed have 2 versions of Jivetalk on!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:24 PM   #342
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile

kyububba, thanks for the quick replies through PM for the updated download link.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, I didn't see it while reading through the thread, but a suggestion I have would be to make it so the first letter doesn't auto-capitalize in the username/password fields.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:38 PM   #343
[IFC]Area51
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: GU!!!
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFreak
With the patched version of .20 I am still having a problem with the chat window still. I am not StringIndexOutOfBounds Errors anymore which is great. I was using 4.1.0.380 which is the latest version and I was getting the same problem but I had to downgrade my os to .241 because of an unrelated radio issue.

I still can use it but I have to go into the chat history to see when someone responds but I must say it is still better than any other BB IM software and this one is still in Beta.

Great work.
I noticed that the links we get when we join the beta testing group that the one on the top is for the pearl as to the one on the bottom is like for some other supported model?

I installed both on the pearl and the top link installed doesnt let people view none of the status like away, busy...etc. and can use the enter key to send the message right away.

Then, i installed the bottom link and my buddies cant still see my away status, busy....etc. *NOTE* At first it worked but then became unstable (i know is BETA but im just reporting).

Then like the member said " can we use the enter key to send messages on this version rather than pressing scroll wheel then send). 2 click process instead of one.

Thanks and like the member withing this post suggested, can we see other buddies away messages?

P.S. Where can we download this patch? cant seem to know where it is, thanks!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:19 PM   #344
OMS
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: cingular
Default Jive Talk Question >

so i just DLed it OTA, however im having an issue singing on with aim. i know for ramble IM i had to change some TCP settings and im assuming i have to do a similar thing for this. searched around for it but couldn't find any solution, thanks
Old 01-31-2007, 06:28 PM   #345
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm

what is the error?

In the JiveTalk preferences page, I had to change the field under Advanced Connection Parameters from DEFAULT to

deviceside=true

to get it to work for me.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #346
OMS

the error says "could not open tunnel - failed"

i was reading on the other forum for jive that i should take out the batter/re-enter the APN number and i did so, still not working, i have the 8700c cingular.

not sure what else i should do
Old 01-31-2007, 06:46 PM   #347
moosehead
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
PIN: tucked behind a bunker
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMS
the error says "could not open tunnel - failed"

i was reading on the other forum for jive that i should take out the batter/re-enter the APN number and i did so, still not working, i have the 8700c cingular.

not sure what else i should do

I have an 8700c as well and do not have my APN set to numbers. Here is what you should have it set to:

Go to Options->TCP
APN: wap.cingular
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1

Let me know if that works
Old 01-31-2007, 06:48 PM   #348
arnold723

Model: 8310

i...love ....jivetalk...stays on for as long as i want it to. Sometimes i have trouble logging in..(bad dns..error 503..tunnel max..), but overall great. So many people are insterested in Jivetalk. I have seen feedback in multiple forums, and really, jivetalk has been around for what? like a week and a half? amazing!

i was hoping to see add-ons like direct connect...send file, and other neat addins (mostly found on pocket pc's) that are found in other instant messaging progs. As mentioned before by other users, i wouldn't mind paying for Jivetalk, but please keep it a one time fee.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:00 PM   #349
OMS

yeah i didn't mean to say number, but i didnt have the "G" in Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM. i just added it and now there is a new error on jive that says 'Malformed addres. returning null connection" and i checked to makes sure my name and pword are correct
Old 01-31-2007, 07:05 PM   #350
OMS

annd just restarted the phone and now its back to the original error, ****
Old 01-31-2007, 08:45 PM   #351
seaneboyee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
PIN: 30159745

At first I got a DNS server error then closed the app, restarted it, pinged the server, and everything worked.

Sprint BlackBerry 8703e
Old 01-31-2007, 08:55 PM   #352
moosehead
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMS
yeah i didn't mean to say number, but i didnt have the "G" in Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM. i just added it and now there is a new error on jive that says 'Malformed addres. returning null connection" and i checked to makes sure my name and pword are correct
Ok assuming you have correctly entered what I gave u including case, try doing a hard reset.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:43 PM   #353
wingrider78
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkeller
I think as long at they make it an option and dont just change it that might be nice.

I like the tones all the time as a lot of time I put the phone down and do other things or put the Pearl in a pocket until the next sound.
I agree....that's how it was in verichat. Right now in JiveTalk, there is the one option in "edit profiles" - JiveTalk IM

In verichat, there were three
- verichat message (active chat)
- verichat message (background)
- verichat message (foreground)

The background option is the one I liked....I usually keep my BB on the home screen and the 'background' option would make it vibe/ring/tone when the first message came in. I then had the active chat set to do nothing while I was currently in a chat.

FYI
Old 02-01-2007, 10:13 AM   #354
Celestial

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

I just installed JiveTalk today and I've been getting an error saying "Open Tunnel Failure" is there any way to fix this?
Old 02-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #355
moosehead
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial
I just installed JiveTalk today and I've been getting an error saying "Open Tunnel Failure" is there any way to fix this?

Very common among some 3rd party apps...not specific to JiveTalk. Who's your provider? Have you set your APN setting accordingly?
Old 02-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #356
kyububba
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingrider78
I agree....that's how it was in verichat. Right now in JiveTalk, there is the one option in "edit profiles" - JiveTalk IM

In verichat, there were three
- verichat message (active chat)
- verichat message (background)
- verichat message (foreground)

The background option is the one I liked....I usually keep my BB on the home screen and the 'background' option would make it vibe/ring/tone when the first message came in. I then had the active chat set to do nothing while I was currently in a chat.

FYI
This is a good idea. I can see how all the dinging gets annoying if you're in active chat.

Not sure about the need for 3 settings. How about just 2 settings?

1. New IM message for if you've been idle or the app is in the background, with the idle time being a configurable time.

2. New IM message for when you're actively doing something within the app. I don't think it makes much difference in this case whether the message is from the active chat or another concurrent chat. The app already visually alerts you when a concurrent chat message comes in.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:30 AM   #357
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyububba
This is a good idea. I can see how all the dinging gets annoying if you're in active chat.

Not sure about the need for 3 settings. How about just 2 settings?

1. New IM message for if you've been idle or the app is in the background, with the idle time being a configurable time.

2. New IM message for when you're actively doing something within the app. I don't think it makes much difference in this case whether the message is from the active chat or another concurrent chat. The app already visually alerts you when a concurrent chat message comes in.
I like that idea!

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org
Old 02-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #358
kingkronik

Model: 8100
Carrier: Robbers Wireless

for some reason, JiveTalk only displays contacts E-mail addresses.....not the name that they call themselves on MSN.....is there a way to display their screennames and not their e-mail addresses???
Old 02-01-2007, 01:25 PM   #359
Baz7520

Model: 8330

Small cosmetic suggestion

I am going to use AIM as an example.

Would it be possible to have a different color for each AIM login (i.e. yellow = first id entered, blue = second id entered, green = third id entered etc...) This way you know which buddies you have associated with which screen name.

Baz7520
Old 02-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #360
madmarvcr

Model: 7520
Carrier: Boost

My Verichat Subscription just expired and JiveTalk beta came along just in time.

I am using a BB 7520 with OS 4.0.2.37 and, so far so good. Being free it has been a good replacement to Verichat.

Depending on the pricing once this is out of beta, I would buy this app, as is, in the $29 range. If it is priced any higher, I would go with IM+ or WebMessenger as my Verichat Replacement.

For a beta, I think it is well though out and works great so far.

one comment though, text typing should remain in the same chat window, similiar to Verichat, IM+, Ramble. and there should be an option, where the Enter key sends the message or Enter key places new line in current text.
Closed Thread