MoonLitNite

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Default Google Maps 1.5.4 and BB Curve

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webwbr View Post
Been there myself my friend... right now I'm starting to get rather "anti-google", but if they fix it I might forgive them. Until then, go directly tho this link and you'll get down-graded back to 1.5.4

Linky
{Fixed link... sorry}

That's assuming you have a 8300 (Curve) I'm assuming that is what you have [posting in this forum, but your profile says 8100. Good luck,
Hi all,

I couldn't get Google Maps 1.6.1 to sync with my BB Curve, but didn't have any better luck with 1.5.4 FYI - I'm using a Garmin 370 Nuvi. Both versions of Google Maps have the Bluetooth GPS options (I assume I select the 2nd, but it generates an error message):
Bluetooth Serial Port
BLUES API1

After the app loads, I get an "Updating location" status msg box that doesn't go away until I click the menu. Trying BLUES API1 generates the error "Sorry, we can't determine your location at present" while the Bluetooth Serial Port extinguishes the "Updating location" msg but doesn't sych the BB with the NUVI. I would have expected the menu GPS Devices to list my NUVI but it's not shown; it's definitely shown in the BB Managing Communication menu as a paired device (FYI - looking under Device Properties, indeed it lists BLUES API1 under Services)

Perhaps I've got an operator error - any ideas? FYI - the NUVI 370 Bluetooth is working fine - I can use it as a phone to make speakerphone calls via the BB Curve, accessing the NUVI POI, etc.

Thanks, Michael

Last edited by MoonLitNite; 09-10-2007 at 06:24 PM..
Old 09-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #102
bdizzlefizzle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T

I'm so annoyed. Since I connected Google Maps to my Freedom Mini GPS receiver, now it constantly tells me that bluetooth needs to be one when I run Google Maps, even if I don't want to use the GPS. I don't see anyway to turn off the search for a GPS receiver.

Ideas?
www.b5one.com
Old 09-12-2007, 03:38 PM   #103
bdizzlefizzle
Thumbs Must Hurt

This has been the most unstable piece of crap. In addition to the first issue I posted about constantly telling me I have to turn on BT, I went to dial a number for a business it found, and I got in this crazy loop about approving the request, and then the BT question popping up. I tried shutting down, and it didn't help (start up, and it did it all again), so I had to pull the battery.

I just deleted it, and reinstalled it, but we'll see if it stays on the device until a new version comes up
www.b5one.com
Old 09-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #104
lilitiki
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdizzlefizzle View Post
This has been the most unstable piece of crap. In addition to the first issue I posted about constantly telling me I have to turn on BT, I went to dial a number for a business it found, and I got in this crazy loop about approving the request, and then the BT question popping up. I tried shutting down, and it didn't help (start up, and it did it all again), so I had to pull the battery.

I just deleted it, and reinstalled it, but we'll see if it stays on the device until a new version comes up
Is it a google maps issue? Or a freedom mini gps issue? I ask because I had these issues with both telenav AND google maps while on the east coast -- no issues here on the west coast. So what I'm saying is... maybe it's a puck issue?

But you would know if you tried any other software with it... I know bb maps never worked well with my freedom.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #105
bdizzlefizzle
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm using MapQuest Navigator with the Freedom mini, and it's been fine/great. Yahoo! Go Maps seems fine, too. Definitely a GoogleMaps thing. If you run 1.6.1, it seems bulkier (the interface added unnecessary bulk), and slower. I've also had problems with it crashing. Definitely not a good build in my eyes
www.b5one.com
Old 09-13-2007, 12:13 AM   #106
lilitiki
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yahoo go never worked for me and my mini. Never tried Mapquest though...
Closed Thread