BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
kolev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMobile
Default BEIKS' ovulation / fertility / natural family planning Woman Calendar in beta

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all, we are in public beta phase of our Woman Calendar for BlackBerry.

This is a personal ovlulation / fertility calendar used mostly by women and often by families who try to concieve by following the classic natural family planning (NFP) route.

As usual, we will give activation keys for best beta testers...subject to our judgement.

You can download the latest version of Woman Calendar for BlackBerry directly to your phone from http://mobile.beiks.com/beta/ .

Please post feedback here or to my email kolev-at-beiks-dot-com.

Ah, one more thing - this version does NOT suppor the Storm. There will be a separate build for it...if you have a Storm do NOT download it...it will work, but, well, not nicely.

Thank you!
"A pocket full of knowledge"
Old 02-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Jaime
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
Carrier: Claro Chile

Is it persona device compatible?
Old 02-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
kolev
Thumbs Must Hurt

not sure what you mean.

it is meant for personal use on a BlackBerry device running OS 4.21 or higher with the exception of BlackBerry Storm due to the significant difference with all other BlackBerries. A Storm version will be made available seprately.

In the first release the application will be all standalone.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
Jaime
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Claro Chile

Kolev, this device is persona:

Clearblue products

Best,
Jaime
Old 02-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

> As usual, we will give activation keys for best beta testers...subject to our judgement.

Those that get pregnant? LOL
Old 03-04-2009, 07:36 AM   #6
galatians51
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile

downloading now for my wife, we use NFP. This could be very convenient and helpful!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #7
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

I had something like this on my old phone and missed it. This one has even more features.

Apart from anything having to do with birth control, an app like this is GREAT for predicting when to take/not take a vacation. My husband likes to keep an eye on it also, so he knows when to avoid me. LOL

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #8
kolev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Exclamation Woman Calendar 1.4 now working on BlackBerry Storm

There have been a few intermediate updates of the program since my last post.

First and foremost, the latest release 1.4 should now work on Storm, so Strom users please download it and let us know how do you find it.

Has almost everything you'd expect, except, well, Storm-enhanced features such as stroke-navigation and smooth scrolling between months.

That's coming in future for everyone.

In the meantime, there are three new controls at the lower right corner of the main calendar screen; they will be of great use to Storm users and of no use to all other users.

There are also some other less important improvements since the initially posted version 1.1.

Please test and let us know! The download URL is the same - http://mobile.beiks.com/beta - and you will need to clear your browser's cache before downloading, otherwise you might as well get nothing new.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #9
Pink2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs up

I just downloaded this app and I have to say: "I LOVE THIS APP!"

I had purchased another app that was supposed to be specific to track your cycle and I thought it would help me predict the furture dates - WRONG, that app has been useless; very hard to use and just plain useless. The only info I could get it to store correctly was the first date of period.

So anyway, I enter the info for the past 3 months into your app and found it very easy to setup, really like the amount of data you can enter (but would like a little more help screens for why you would check a certain box or not) and especially liked the way the calendar displayed and the selections you can make for each day.

Thank you for developing such a beneficial app!!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #10
kolev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thank you.

However this may sound, the application that you see is a product that has been accumulating experience since 2001 on various platforms...it is only normal to be better than many others that are just coming, whether copying from it or starting on their own.

We are most certinly glad you like it, though.

If you don't find any show stopers perhaps we will have one happy customer.

And if you find show stoppers then you'll be a happy user, without having to be a customer
Old 03-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
Pink2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Is it possible to add Headache to the list of checkboxes?

What about a reminder put in calendar that next cycle expected in #days?
Old 03-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #12
kolev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Version 1.41 has just been uploaded online.
It fixes a reported problem where the December months start at incorrect date of week.
We recommend downloading this update.

To answer the questions: presently you can still use the "secret" checkbox as a headache, right? We would add headache if enough users request it or if someone can provide a convincing reason for it to be there so that we can advocate its use.

What I am trying to say is that part of our job and problems here is keeping the balance between simple and overloaded. What's good for you is not neccessarily good for everyone and we don't want to overload the program with features.

The other suggestion seems more reasonable and we are still disscussing it internally...specifically how should that feature work. One way you may be using it is an alert BEFORE the event; I'd like to hear a practical explanation of using the alarm in such a way...after all, big part of using the application is actually both reading and entering data freqently...the idea that a period may be coming and you may have happened to forget about it is somewhat strange.

Another, more likely usage scenario is if the period has come and you've forgotten to note that in the application, thus affecting the accuracy of future predictions.

By far we see more value of reminding you ON the day or perhaps one day AFTER, so that you can act based on input or lack of it.

As usual, user's input is taken into consideration and always appreciated.

We want to hear what do you have to say, but we are careful not to jump the trigger too fast...hope you understand.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #13
Pink2
Thumbs Must Hurt

I like your idea about the reminder about forgetting to note the occurance in the app, I can see that happening very easily and this reminder would be great.

My thinking was that if it was optional to have it beforehand in the calendar and you were in there scheduling something else (like a vacation as mentioned above) it would be there to remind you to prepare accordingly.

I am more that willing to use that 'secret' check box until such a time as it is requested by more users.

I will download the new update as well.

Thanks again.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #14
Pink2
Thumbs Must Hurt

One more request: I have a bold using the default theme and it is hard to see the day that is selected. Is it possible to have the day that you are on outlined in a different color?
Old 03-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #15
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolev View Post
To answer the questions: presently you can still use the "secret" checkbox as a headache, right? We would add headache if enough users request it or if someone can provide a convincing reason for it to be there so that we can advocate its use.
Convincing reason:

Headaches and hormones: What's the connection? - MayoClinic.com

Headaches are a much bigger part of my monthly "experience" than PMS. I get PMS also, but headaches are the bigger problem and a better predictor of when things will occur.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #16
Pink2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr View Post
Convincing reason:

Headaches and hormones: What's the connection? - MayoClinic.com

Headaches are a much bigger part of my monthly "experience" than PMS. I get PMS also, but headaches are the bigger problem and a better predictor of when things will occur.
Thank you for that link, it was helpful to me!!
Old 03-09-2009, 06:45 AM   #17
galatians51
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile

My wife has been using this for a few days now. We think think this is a great app! Just a couple of observations...
1. Would it be possible to have the first day of the month in the calendar view show the month title abbreviation, it would make it easier when scrolling through the months to keep track.
2. An automatic backup feature would be great. This information is really critical to our lives, and we would hate to lose it because we are so forgetful!
3. SureType support. Some of the hotkeys work when the first letter corresponds to the shortcut, but not all of them do correspond.
4. In the temp chart view, there is no way to tell what year you are in. Also, would it be possible to have the temp chart in a month format lke the calendar chart, and set it as the default charting method? Or another great way would be to have the temp listed as a number in the calendar view instead of an icon, that way it's all in one view. However, that may be confusing if the calendar view is using the calendar method to determine fertility and you are using the temp method, then the visual fertile indicators may be misleading!

Just our 2 cents!
Thx
Old 03-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #18
kolev
Thumbs Must Hurt

thanks. there should be another update either during the weekend or early next week.

it may not address some of the raised concerns, but remember, we want to release a product that's reliable and able to help people and generate some revenue for us.

So we're mostly addressing issues than adding features. We'll continue adding new stuff as soon as we have a version that's relatively stable and marketable.

your feedback is always appreciated.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #19
arcurlyq
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A

Does this app allow for a longer cycle length? There are many of us women out here who don't have typical "26-32" day cycles. In my experience with these apps, they all only allow for a very short cycle-length window. Useless for me!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #20
Pink2
Thumbs Must Hurt

I look forward to trying the update.
Closed Thread