Old 05-20-2008, 05:11 AM   #1
Ghillie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Real Keyboard Lock

Please Login to Remove!

I followed the directions in another thread about activating the keyboard lock. Now when I take my curve out of the case, I find asterisks in the password block. I can easily remove these, but I wanted a real keyboard lock.

Alternatively, will the Standby function work to "lock" the Curve so that the screen will not come on in the case, but still notify me of incoming calls and messages?

Thanks. This forum has really let me enjoy my Curve a lot more.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:23 AM   #2
hindsey1026

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Your Curve should lock as soon as you put it in the case (unless you're using a case not meant for BlackBerry phones).
However, yes, from what I have noticed, when the phone is in stand-by it will ring when you have it in stand-by. Messages are another story. I don't keep my phone in stand-by too much because when I holster my phone, it locks it down anyway, but from what I have noticed, it doesn't come back to life when you get a message (it might make a sound but I honestly don't know.)
Old 05-20-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Try using standby instead.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:13 AM   #4
Ghillie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

You are right. I tried the standby last night. I got notifications of messages and when I took the Curve out of the pouch (aftermarket padded case, no magnets), a touch on the speaker button and I was good to go. Nothing on the password screen. And the battery is lasting a lot longer.

Appreciate your help.
Closed Thread