Old 12-31-2005, 01:54 PM   #1
orgullodemexico
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Default New User - 7100 T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings all and Happy New Year

I just activated a 7100 on T-Mobile for data only (unlimited Internet & email)

I changed over from Nextel's 7520 and my questions are based on the differences of the phone and Internet web email setup.

1) Is there a way to change the background feature or activate a personalized screen saver? I was able to do this both with the 7520. Also the 7520 had a built in Program called pictures that allowed for storage of .jpgs

2) Is there a way to attach a signature on all outgoing mail?

3) Is there a way to make my handheld SENT FROM address appear as my home (pop3) email account?

4) Is there a way to manage the filters I created for my hand held to auto age the mail in those filters?

I will probably have more questions later.

Thank You

Last edited by orgullodemexico; 12-31-2005 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: subscribe
Old 12-31-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
codyman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: verizon

There is a button up the top called Search - try it, you will find a lot of your questions have already been asked and responded to - you will find a lot of information that way much more quickly than waiting for someone to respond to you.

Please do not think I'm ignoring you or being rude - I just answered another question from you in your other thread - but the search option will give you pretty much all the info you will need.

Happy New Year to you.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:46 PM   #3
disp350
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

I can try to answer a few of the questions for you.

1. The 7100 and 7105t do not have screen savers like the 7250, 7280 and 7290. The only thing you can do is change the background picture on the home screen of all the icons. Under Applications, there is a folder called Photo Album. If you receive a .jpg image on the BB as an attachment, you can save it and it will be stored in the pictures folder. You can then use that as a background. There are 10 pictures in there by default.

2. I use my 7105t attached to a BES, so I dont know if this option works for non BES BB's. Make sure you have the latest software for the device, which I believe is 4.0.2.49. Open up the inbox, click the wheel to bring up the menu and go to Options. There would be one that is called Email Settings where you could set your signature. Alternatively, in the Desktop manager, on the Redirector Icon, there is also a field that allows you to setup a signature. Bear in mind again, that I am on a BES that uses Lotus Notes 6.5.4 as it is our corporate email client and many of these settings come directly from Notes. If you are a BIS mail user, I dont know whether the same options will be there.

3. I dont know if you can spoof your outgoing address. One suggestion is to actually add your home POP3 account to the Blackberry and just send mail using that account. I have my corporate Notes account, the T-Mobile BB email account and my personal Comcast account set up on mine. When I compose a new message, I just change to the account I actually want to use.

4. Not too familiar with individual filters, sorry. All of ours are set up from the BES Management and forced on the users.

Hope some of this helps you out.

Last edited by disp350; 12-31-2005 at 04:48 PM..
Closed Thread