Old 11-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #1
ChrisF79
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Default To Do List for Blackberry?

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings,

I'm always jotting notes on a scrap of paper of things I need to remember to do each day (like everyone else I'm sure). I'm looking for an app that I can use on my blackberry to do the same. Ideally, I'd like something where I can make a headline of sorts, like "Send client disclosure" and then when I click on it, the software would open up some details. Is there any software like this that you would recommend?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 11-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #2
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Check the Reviews section. I did a review on IdeaMatrix and TodoMatrix a while back. Good applications. You might enjoy them
Old 11-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

Like the memopad?
Old 11-10-2006, 04:16 PM   #4
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile

Use memopad like paulbblc said, just make the title "Send Client Disclosure" and in the memo part put the description. It doesn't have reminders and all the bells and whistles, but it's pretty much the same as writing it on a piece of paper like you described. I use memopad all the time for stuff like this.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #5
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Could also use Tasks. With 4.1 OS software, can also show Tasks on the Calendar. And you can set reminders with Tasks, too.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #6
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF79
Greetings,

I'm always jotting notes on a scrap of paper of things I need to remember to do each day (like everyone else I'm sure). I'm looking for an app that I can use on my blackberry to do the same. Ideally, I'd like something where I can make a headline of sorts, like "Send client disclosure" and then when I click on it, the software would open up some details. Is there any software like this that you would recommend?

Thanks,
Chris
PocketDay Lists comes to mind.

~MrKyoo
Old 11-10-2006, 05:18 PM   #7
rickthornton
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyg510
Check the Reviews section. I did a review on IdeaMatrix and TodoMatrix a while back. Good applications. You might enjoy them
As Corey said both Todo Matrix and Idea Matrix from Rexwireless are excellent applications. I use them both daily and their customer support is the best I've ever experienced from any software company.

PocketDay lists from Crossriversystems is also a good application, but didn't fit my needs as well as Todo Matrix did for a list manager.

Both have free trials and that is really the only way to see if it fits your needs.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:27 PM   #8
mroher
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300

Nextaction by blackberrybooks.com works great for me!
Old 11-10-2006, 06:19 PM   #9
archer6

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

I use Outlook 2003 on my laptop, which syncs fast and easily with my BlackBerry. It's a great combination, and the most reliable and stable of any combination I've tried. This way I have all my contacts, calendar and tasks with me at all times.

I use Outlook Tasks, Calendar or Contacts for the kind of thing you are describing here. If I need to jot down a quick note, thought, or next action, I simply create a new Outlook Task in my BB. If I'm making a new appointment or follow up I have the Outlook calendar right there to make the entry. In addition, having the ability to create a new contact right on the BB and have it appear in Outlook when I do a sync, saves a lot of time and duplicate work.

So instead of ending up with misc pieces of paper. Everything is in one place in Outlook and both my Laptop and Blackberry are current, as I do a sync each time I get back to my laptop.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #10
alslsb

Model: Class
PIN: erest
Carrier: Verizon

I would recommend PocketDay lists. I have tried them all and I like PocketDay Lists the best!
Old 11-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #11
Srwilliams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

I must say after reading the posts here and in the other threads after using the search feature, I went ahead and downloaded TodoMatrix. But I tell you, just like other forum members pointed out in other threads, the font size is unreadable for anyone over forty. What were these guys thinking putting such a weak cheasy font interface on such a high powered application. Even there calendars and dates for setting appointments require you to get bifocales. I am on a trial now, and if they do not get more readable fonts and screens, I am ditching this. I love it, but I cannot keep something I cannot see. One thing I give pocket lists credit for, there fonts and screen jumps out at you.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:23 PM   #12
schulzmc10

Model: 7290

The Task list in the standard BB OS would be perfect for me if it would just allow you to hide tasks that are not due yet. I hate having everything done for the day and still having to stare at a list of tomorrow's tasks - or having to view the task details to see where my list for today ends and my list for tomorrow begins.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:06 AM   #13
pengrus

Model: 8800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srwilliams
I must say after reading the posts here and in the other threads after using the search feature, I went ahead and downloaded TodoMatrix. But I tell you, just like other forum members pointed out in other threads, the font size is unreadable for anyone over forty. What were these guys thinking putting such a weak cheasy font interface on such a high powered application. Even there calendars and dates for setting appointments require you to get bifocales. I am on a trial now, and if they do not get more readable fonts and screens, I am ditching this. I love it, but I cannot keep something I cannot see. One thing I give pocket lists credit for, there fonts and screen jumps out at you.
The latest version 2007 has bigger and different font. Try it out.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #14
tr4driver
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
Default MemoPad

I concur with others who have mentioned MemoPad. I use it all the time to make quick notes.

Kurtis
Old 01-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #15
blakeatl

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Heck yeah! I used the memopad to do my grocery shopping over the weekend! It was amazing......well not really, but it was paperless and I saw people in awe of what I was using it for.
Closed Thread