Old 09-29-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
browndizzle

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Unhappy "Invalid url parameter"

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all,

I just dropped my 8800 into a glass of water this morning while waking up ( and I cried a few tears over it too ) and had to replace it. Up here in Canada on Rogers - I got the 8310 to replace it - and moved all my files back onto the new phone. I have transferred my liscence from JiveTalk to the new device properly - and even had the software connecting to my accounts (though it seemed to not send and receive messages to people that typically respond to me instantly when I say "ping").

So - I had the application running at one point - but then it crashed - and now whenever I attempt to load it - it says as my thread is titled " Invalid URL parameter".

So I did a little research - and found that maybe I have to set the TCP setting for Rogers - tried that (was blank before I changed them) and to no avail. I have reversed the changes that I made. I gathered the information for the TCP settings from here:
Carrier internet Settings (Apn Gateway, etc) - Pinstack.com - where Blackberry Professionals Connect! (taboo! sorry BBforums lovers!)

Anyways - I need some help - JiveTalk is an integral piece of software for me - let me know if you have something that can help me out! (or Oot, if you are Canadian ;) )
Old 09-29-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

We do have this:

Carrier specific APN/TCP settings - BlackBerryFAQ

You do have a data plan, right? Did you try going into JiveTalk >Preferences >Scroll down to Networking and select BIS for Transport?
Old 09-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
browndizzle

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

'The Google' didn't find the BB forums page with that info - but thank you for linking me.

Of course - I have a data plan

And I am testing some of this out now - will get back with this post modded in a few moments.

Thanks again everyone.

Dizzle

In the browser options - I had to change it from WML and HTML to HTML only. That and the rep on the phone cleared my book - and we are good after a battery removal.

w00t - thanks for the help - all you need to do sometimes is lead me the right way and I can walk there myself so to speak - thanks again!

Dizzle

Last edited by browndizzle; 09-29-2007 at 05:52 PM..
Closed Thread