BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
nickbee
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-Mobile
Default Problems replying to BES emails…

Please Login to Remove!

Seems like I’m running into this problem often. I can reply to my AOL emails without an issue. But when I reply to someone from a work email it allows me to type it out, but only save the draft (not send). I can send a whole new email fine from my work account though… Makes no sense to me… Seems like the only fix is to bug my It dept to re-set my BES software and do a completely new enterprise activation. Any ideas so I don’t have to bug them again?

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #2
mischief007
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Nope
Carrier: Nope

You may need service books resent from the BlackBerry Server. If you look at the ones you can't reply to, at the top of the message you should see what service book was used to come into the handheld. If it says Using: Unknown Secure, then the problem is the Service Book database on the BlackBerry. That will need to be cleared and then the service books resent.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
nickbee
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief007 View Post
You may need service books resent from the BlackBerry Server. If you look at the ones you can't reply to, at the top of the message you should see what service book was used to come into the handheld. If it says Using: Unknown Secure, then the problem is the Service Book database on the BlackBerry. That will need to be cleared and then the service books resent.
Yup,, that's waht it says "Received Using Unknown (Secure)"

Can you give me a run down on what's involved with clearing and resnding the service books from my BES...

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #4
mischief007
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Nope
Carrier: Nope

You will need to connect the BlackBerry to a computer running the Desktop Manager. Once it is connected, on the BlackBerry go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Book and delete the Desktop [SYNC] service book.

One you have that deleted and the BlackBerry is still connected to the computer, open up Backup & Restore, and click on Advanced. This should populate the right hand side list. Scroll down until you see Service Book, highlight Service Book, and click on clear. Once it is done, close the Backup & Restore, disconnect the BlackBerry, and then reconnect the BlackBerry. This should populate back all your service books. Also go into Options --> Advanced Options --> Host Routing Table, click on the track wheel or press the Menu key and select Register Now. Go into Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Book and see if all Desktop service books are there.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #5
onelikeseabass
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

The fix offered by mischief007 will not always fix this problem. All service books do not need to be deleted and in some cases just deleting Desktop (CMIME) will not fix the problem. Here is one that will work every time.

- Connect the BlackBerry to a PC running BlackBerry Desktop Manager
- Double click Backup and Restore and then click Backup to make a full backup of the device
- Click Advanced and clear the following databases: Folder Id, Folders, Messages, and Purged Messages
- On the BlackBerry, go to Options, Advanced Options, Service Book and delete CMIME (Desktop)
- On your BES select Resend Service Book from the IT Admin section of the client's account properties
- Go back to the Desktop Manager, select Backup and Restore, click Advanced, and restore *only* the messages database.

You can now send/reply to messages.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:08 AM   #6
Berry_Black
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: T-Mobile Netherlands

I can confirm that above desciption works perfect. I had exactly the same problems with replying to emails and followed above steps, now it works fine again.....

Thx
Closed Thread