Old 06-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
stress-relief
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Pandora Internet Radio Problem

Please Login to Remove!

I downloaded Pandora internet radio into my 9650 Bold. It works but the music keeps interrupted to download more data, then the music continues and stops again. Is this an issue that I don't have an adequate amount of memory? I don't know how much memory I have but it's the amount that came with the Blackberry when I purchased it from Verizon.

If it is indeed lack of adequate memory, can anyone give me an internet site where I can purchase memory at a low cost? Where is the memory card located and is it easy to replace? As you can see, I'm pretty new to the Blackberry.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Pandora Internet Radio Problem

Sounds like your data throughput rate isn't adequate. What is happening is the app is buffering audio data but cannot download fast enough to keep up, so audio stops whille the app downloads more. If you can lower the audio quality setting in the Pandora app, try that.

If your connection is fast, 3G or WiFi and the app is still buffering, do a hard reset on the BlackBerry. That is, with the power on, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds. Then try again.

The app should play fine on 3G or WiFi even at the highest audio quality setting.

The problem is probably not memory. You can't add more memory, regardless, only free up memory by deleting apps and themes, etc. If you are storing media files in the device's main memory, you should move those files to the media card and going forward always save media files to the microSD media card.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread