Old 04-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
ThatMan

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Petro-Canada
Default PC reads Blackberry but not its microSD card

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, all.

Recently, I got a Blackberry Curve 8320 with a 2 GB microSD card. Whenever I connect it to my computer, it won't read the card. At all. The Device Manager in the System Properties section of the Control Panel on Windows XP does show that the Blackberry is connected to the computer, and that it knows that the connected device is a Blackberry. However, after updating the 8320 to the latest software version, as well as device drivers on my PC, it still refuses to read the microSD card.

Blackberry Desktop connects to the phone just fine, and I can access my installed applications, but I can't get at the media options for music, pictures, or videos because mass storage mode on my Blackberry is not activated, even though MSM is set to auto-enable. Setting the phone to prompt MSM when it's connected to my computer has no effect, as the prompt does not appear.

I'm pretty certain that the problem is with the Blackberry itself, because the microSD card has been used with other smartphones without issue. The card has been read and properly formatted by my 8320, and my father's Blackberry, an 8820, connects to my computer and I can access that phone's microSD card via Windows Explorer.

I am currently running:
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Blackberry Smartphone Driver 4.2.0.10
Blackberry 4.5.0 System Software
RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 driver 2.2.0.3

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a total loss here.

Last edited by ThatMan; 04-07-2011 at 10:17 PM..
Old 04-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: PC reads Blackberry but not its microSD card

You might need to format the media card in the BlackBerry. Formatting will erase the card completely so back it up externally before proceeding.

If you can't format via Options > Memory and use the Menu key to select Formatting, you may need to remove the sd card, re-insert it, and reboot the BlackBerry.

What are your settings under Options > Memory?
Closed Thread