BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 03:39 AM   #1
monkey1234

Model: 8100
Default Lost sound completely!! PLEASE HELP!

Please Login to Remove!

I have no more sound at all. NO ringing when i call someone. no camera click sound when i take a picture, no video or music will play. HELP!

The only sound i get is when the call connects and the person says hello. What is going on. I was watching movies on my phone and using the pearl headset that came with it and also talking on the phone with it.(not at the same time) and now i cant get it to work on the headset or anything.

PLEASE ADVISE.. THANKS!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:47 AM   #2
jaylasad
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Orange & TMobile

Just reset your unit by removing the battery and placing it back.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:07 AM   #3
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey1234
I have no more sound at all. NO ringing when i call someone. no camera click sound when i take a picture, no video or music will play. HELP!

The only sound i get is when the call connects and the person says hello. What is going on. I was watching movies on my phone and using the pearl headset that came with it and also talking on the phone with it.(not at the same time) and now i cant get it to work on the headset or anything.

PLEASE ADVISE.. THANKS!
While I have no official word from T-Mo or RIM on this, I have concluded after one month that when playing music or a movie, then later going back to phone mode, that the sound mutes, sometimes on the phone, sometimes on the media player, sometimes both.

Just tonight I was playing a movie, a call came in, and the phone crashed, to where I had to do the battery reset.

What I have said before is that the Pearl is just like our desktop computers. Once in awhile your PC crashes, typically one or more of the programs you had open. The solution is typically to reboot the PC.

I suspect that the Pearl's operating system is fairly simple in most respects, but when one uses the various multimedia functions, uses the browser, e-mail and phone, well it's just a matter of time before something gums up.

Typically your phone may freeze completely, your sound could go out or the video player may show a black screen, to name a few.

I don't fault RIM because I think that it is asking a lot for these little 3.2 oz devices to act flawlessly, at all times day or night, sometimes for days on end because some people never do the battery reset procedure.

I'd be curious how many people have to reboot at least once a day. I know I do.

By the way, the battery reset procedure is a recognized process, it is even in the manual. There is no "reset button" on the Pearl, so the battery reset is all one can do to reboot.

Let us know if the battery reset fixes you problem. Also, if it does not, try the reset two or three times. Sometimes the fix does not take place until the third try.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
Mr MrG

I Had The Same Thing Happen...

I Tried The Hard Reset..

Didint Work

Removed The Sd Card..

Restarted...and Sound Was Back..

Reinstalled Card....

A Week Later No Problems...

Someone Else Installed It Wrong..go Figure....

Worth A Shot...
Old 11-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #5
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD

Yes, the MicroSD and/or the SIM card not installed fully and "tightly" can cause a host of problems.

Phone may still work and only one or two things will go whacky. So it should be on the list of things to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MrG
I Had The Same Thing Happen...

I Tried The Hard Reset..

Didint Work

Removed The Sd Card..

Restarted...and Sound Was Back..

Reinstalled Card....

A Week Later No Problems...

Someone Else Installed It Wrong..go Figure....

Worth A Shot...
Old 11-09-2006, 10:09 AM   #6
Jumpin_Joe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
I'd be curious how many people have to reboot at least once a day.
I simply turn the wireless off at night. I am "forced" (due to a problem) to shut down, pull battery out, etc, about once a month. Then again, I'm a strictly email / PIN user (i.e. no heavy pictures, video, etc).
Old 11-10-2006, 12:30 AM   #7
Berry O Black
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default Known Issuez

Hey Guys this is one of the problems the new Handheld software should address, there were sound issues as well as the 1Gig cap that will be fixed with the release of the software. the software should be avaible hopefully by the end of Nov at T Mobiles website,
Closed Thread