BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 02:19 PM   #41
YoYoSlap
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

I was at a Cingular/ATT reseller store yesterday and the RIM distriibutor was there. There was some kind of quiet launch last week for the Curve. It wasnt like the 8800 launch which was the night before release and they gave out hundreds of 8800's. They only auctioned 1 off. Distributor said 24th release on website and very few stores having them for sale that day. Friday will be the day they start getting a lot in with Monday morning the day resellers start getting them. I trust this reseller. He has the account for the company where i work and does great volume. I met distributor a couple of times before. Just in case my younger bro is in europe and ill have him send me one next week if this is inaccurate.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #42
J
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

I agree, the poor lad had no idea about the press release confirming the curve arrival with att. I understand it's just their job, but att/cing should be appalled by the knowledge or lack thereof (unless they with intent, keep information for press releases and don't share such with employees-though they can see a press release as all of the public can) of the rep.s at random stores.

Either way, it does seem like this gadget will be coming sooner than later, which is awsome. I'm just so tossed up on where I'll be getting it since they all say there is no curve or they've no information on that phone! Let the waiting game continue!
Old 05-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #43
cliffr39
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
PIN: ask
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleAquatica-NiuNiu View Post
Just spoke with a rep. in brunswick NJ and he said that they will NOT be getting the curve, that att/cing didn't sign any paperwork and won't be taking the phone on!!!!!!!!!! I hope to goodness he had no clue what he was speaking about...
was at the mall tonight and stopped in a Cingular store, asked the manager a few questions then threw it out there " so when is the BB 8300 - Curve - coming?". He grabbed the sheet with all the phone prices and thumbed down and there it was "end of May" with no price :(

So that makes me feel that the 24th might be pretty accurate.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:34 PM   #44
FarSeide
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Last edited by FarSeide; 05-19-2007 at 11:37 PM..
Closed Thread