Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 03:47 AM   #1
ocean.space

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default BLACKBERRY 8130: Intellisync "Connector Specific Error"

Please Login to Remove!

When I got my Blackberry Pearl from Verizon on Monday, November 5, I was ecstatic and it worked beautifully. I synced it with my Outlook 2007 Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memos flawlessly.

I had it sync about 1,000 in both the past and future appointments, which showed up perfectly and was syncing nicely every time I added a new appointment to either my device or computer.

Tonight, I decided to sync all the calendar appointments from 2001-future. When I had tried that on AT&T's Pearl a few months ago, there were no problems, so I figured the Verizon Pearl should do fine as well.

During the sync, it would appear close to finishing and then a window would pop up with "Intellisync" at the top and the error message read: "Connector specific error" with only the option to click OK. Pretty much everything synced except for things in part of 2005. I tried this several times and got the same error.

Next, I tried setting it up to sync everything one way from Calendar to Device to try and add all the appointments and wipe whatever I might have messed up. I got the same result. PLEASE NOTE: This also wiped out all my messages and call logs since the first time I synced the calendar last week (I did not intend for that to happen).

I have since tried various amounts of appointments as low as just a few days and have achieved the same result and some days only half-sync where I'll be missing random appointments.

Does anyone have any ideas? I bought this phone because it was a PDA that would fit in my pocket and based on my evaluation of the AT&T Pearl's ability to hold 6 years of info, I had high hopes. I did not keep the AT&T Pearl because of the poor signal in my area and other memory leaks because it's an earlier version.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:34 AM   #2
ocean.space

I feel absolutely silly. I suppose in my frustration, I somehow forgot one of the first things to do in troubleshooting: TAKE OUT THE BATTERY.

It worked! I now have 6+ years of calendar items in my device and it's working at warp speed!

Even though I've now fixed my current problem, does anyone know what "Connector Specific Error" means?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:03 PM   #3
Khatmal

Carrier: Verizon
Angry Me Too

I've had the same problem. I've restarted my computer, done the 10 seconds without a battery in the handheld device, cleared the "Calendar" and "Calendar-All" on my handheld by going into Backup and Restore --> Advanced and re-synced only to get the same darn error message.

The only new software I have installed is ePocrates. I have successfully synced after installing that software.

Desktop Manager version is 4.3.0.15. Microsoft Outlook 2002. I do not have an enterprise server. But, I am connected to an exchange server (MS Outlook Calendar files are not stored directly in my C drive - they're on a server).

I've been on the phone with BlackBerry for a total of 2.5 hours regarding this. Does anyone else know what is going on?!

The only other problem that I have noticed is that everything is really slow on my handheld device. Profiles takes a minute to open. Heck, even Brick Breaker takes a minute to open!

BB Rep just mentioned (yes, I'm typing while on the phone with him) that it may be an issue with the new version of BB Desktop Manager and that I may need to uninstall 4.3.015 and download and install 4.2. But I don't have time for that now so - more to come, folks! If you have any advice, please let me know!

Last edited by Khatmal; 11-26-2007 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: Something BB Rep mentioned
Old 11-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #4
stellasdad

Default is your device out of memory?

I had this same problem. I read my sync log, and after scrolling through a lot of data I found the spot where it said something to the effect of "device out of memory". I deleted a few photos and was able to sync successfully.

To view your synchronization log, go to BB Desktop, click "synchronize", then click over to the "configuation" tab, then click "view log".

Hope this helps others.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
RRMJR

Model: 8300
Carrier: Vodafone
Default One Solution To "Connector Specific Error" On Calendar Sync

Judging from the variety of situations rendering a "Connector Specific Error", it seems to be a default message for any error not specifically categorized by Blackberry.

My situation:
- Purchased Blackberry 8300, installed desktop software from CD, synchronization worked
- On a new computer, installed desktop software from blackberry.com, synchronization failed on the calendar sync, throwing the "Connector Specific Error"
- Additionally, the installation CD seemed to become 'corrupt' after the first install, so I could not reinstall the version I'd had originally.

Solution (provided that your desktop calendar application is fully up to day)
- Go to the "Backup and Restore" --> Advanced
- In the right column, select the "Calendar" database and clear it.
- The synch worked

Possible Explanation:
- In the log, the error seemed to happen after the "Read from device" command. Perhaps either a field name or field parameter may have changed between the versions of SW I was using. Nonetheless, problem was solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean.space View Post
When I got my Blackberry Pearl from Verizon on Monday, November 5, I was ecstatic and it worked beautifully. I synced it with my Outlook 2007 Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memos flawlessly.

I had it sync about 1,000 in both the past and future appointments, which showed up perfectly and was syncing nicely every time I added a new appointment to either my device or computer.

Tonight, I decided to sync all the calendar appointments from 2001-future. When I had tried that on AT&T's Pearl a few months ago, there were no problems, so I figured the Verizon Pearl should do fine as well.

During the sync, it would appear close to finishing and then a window would pop up with "Intellisync" at the top and the error message read: "Connector specific error" with only the option to click OK. Pretty much everything synced except for things in part of 2005. I tried this several times and got the same error.

Next, I tried setting it up to sync everything one way from Calendar to Device to try and add all the appointments and wipe whatever I might have messed up. I got the same result. PLEASE NOTE: This also wiped out all my messages and call logs since the first time I synced the calendar last week (I did not intend for that to happen).

I have since tried various amounts of appointments as low as just a few days and have achieved the same result and some days only half-sync where I'll be missing random appointments.

Does anyone have any ideas? I bought this phone because it was a PDA that would fit in my pocket and based on my evaluation of the AT&T Pearl's ability to hold 6 years of info, I had high hopes. I did not keep the AT&T Pearl because of the poor signal in my area and other memory leaks because it's an earlier version.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #6
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: Verizon

Just curious...why would you want to sync calendar data to your BB going back to 2001?!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #7
Fausto62

Model: 8310
Carrier: movistar
Thumbs up I had the same problem

Thanks for this solution, it worked fine for me after I had tried for over 3 hours everything I could think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRMJR View Post
Judging from the variety of situations rendering a "Connector Specific Error", it seems to be a default message for any error not specifically categorized by Blackberry.

My situation:
- Purchased Blackberry 8300, installed desktop software from CD, synchronization worked
- On a new computer, installed desktop software from blackberry.com, synchronization failed on the calendar sync, throwing the "Connector Specific Error"
- Additionally, the installation CD seemed to become 'corrupt' after the first install, so I could not reinstall the version I'd had originally.

Solution (provided that your desktop calendar application is fully up to day)
- Go to the "Backup and Restore" --> Advanced
- In the right column, select the "Calendar" database and clear it.
- The synch worked

Possible Explanation:
- In the log, the error seemed to happen after the "Read from device" command. Perhaps either a field name or field parameter may have changed between the versions of SW I was using. Nonetheless, problem was solved.
Closed Thread