BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
DuPont

Model: alot
Default Verizon 7250\ Cingular 7290 Connection issues

Please Login to Remove!

Hi I'm new to the community and I provide support for our users. So far we have had a consistent issue with the BB listed above with laptops docked in a docking station. I've searched the forum using the topic for this thread and all threads found don't aid my situation.

Problem: The 7250 and 7290 are not recognized by the desktop manager(v.4.1.1.9). The OS (Win xp) recognizes the devices and are listed under the device manager. When the laptops are within the docking station the desktop software can't locate the device. When the laptop is undocked and the device is plugged into a USB port both the OS and the BB desktop software recognizes the device (there are no issues).

What I've tried:
a) I've reloaded the OS on the devices (7250/7290).
b) I've updated the OS on the devices.
c) Reloaded the Desktop software (v.4.1.1.9)
d) I've uninstalled the latest version (v.4.1.1.9) including files found in the registry, hidden files and folders, and any place a BB/RIM/7250/7290 file is found. I've then installed previous versions of the BB Desktop Software.
e) I've deleted the Hardware profiles and allowed the OS (win xp) to rebuild the profiles for the pc.
f) I've deleted the USB drivers for the BB device and reloaded them based upon a link I found on Google. (Corrupt usb drivers I thought).
g) I've been on RIM's BB support group and they have also not been able to help.
h) We've dismissed all laptop hardware issues with the docking station b/c it is consistent on all the docking stations we have.
i) In the Device manager under USB ROOT HUB properties, under power management tab I unchecked the box marked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." to prevent any issues with the connection in/out of the docking station.

My Hypothesis:
I think either the drivers are corrupt or something within the desktop software is preventing the BB Desktop software to communicate with the BB device. I do not believe the device is bad b/c connection works when it is directly plugged into the laptop. Issues only lie when docked in the docking station. If any guru's have any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it. I've subscribed to the thread and I can provide pics that support all the issues if necessary. Thanks in advance.

Distressed TECH

Last edited by DuPont; 08-24-2006 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: revised title and edited problem
Old 08-24-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
DuPont

It's good to note these issues only occur on Dell Latitude D600 laptops w/ docking stations.

I did get one working hence why I know it will work. I've tried to duplicate what I've done but nothing that I've done this time around seems to work.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Plug the BlackBerry directly into the USB ports on the Laptop, not the docking station. Try all the USB ports on the laptop. Its a common problem for USB ports on HUB or docks to not provide the proper voltage to the port.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-25-2006, 07:14 AM   #4
DuPont

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_fisher
Plug the BlackBerry directly into the USB ports on the Laptop, not the docking station. Try all the USB ports on the laptop. Its a common problem for USB ports on HUB or docks to not provide the proper voltage to the port.
The problem is with this particular model laptop is that the USB ports are on the back. The users have to use it in a docking station while at their desk. The only available USB ports are on the docking station/port replicator. I've got one BB to work making me think it's a software issue. As far as the power issue is concerned I turned off power monitoring in the Power management tab in the Device manager so there won't be any "charging/connection" issues. Thanks for the response but that alternative isn't an option. Can anyone else please help? Any super moderators? Any suggestions at all? I would appreciate the smallest bit of help.

Closed Thread