BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 12:44 AM   #1
Maslows

Model: 7100i
Default Lost BB??

Please Login to Remove!

I somehow spilled sand or concrete in my pocket, so I took my battery & SIM card out of my 7100i and put it in my shirt pocked, and used one of those spray dusters, to clean the BB, well anyhow I misplaced my BB, so I called NEXTEL, & of course since my SIM was not in it my claim was denied. So I had to go back to i860, Customer service told me to ask around & keep calling the stored & see if anyone turned my BB in. Which I did for about a week, This one particular store, HYTEK Wireless in my area, I went in the store spoke with some one which I did not know was the manager, asked him could he fix the flip on the 860 of course he denied me & told me to call Customer service, & do a door to door service, while I was their I figured I would ask him about my BB, I described my phone which has my telephone etched in the battery door of it, he said he received a BB the previous week, but it was the 7520 model, so I left the store. The very next day I began calling stores, I did not realize I called the store I was in the previous day, spoke to a woman, explained to her I lost my BB, she ask what kind I said 7100i, she asked me did it have any distinguishing marks on it, which caught my attention, I said yeah it has a series on numbers on the back, she asked me what the numbers were, I said my phone number, then she said something that really caught my attention. She asked me how my number was on my BB, I said I etched on with a knife, why?, then she said well some girl returned a BB last week, and it may be yours, then she told me to hold on, then her manager gets on the phone, & before I could introduce myself, he says arent you the guy with the 860, I told you we dont have your BB, Then I asked him why his employee gave a precise description of my BB. He hurried up & gave her the phone back, and then all of a sudden her story switched up, when he started yelling at her. Then she says a girl returned a 7130e which is not my phone & that all returned phones are mailed back to Nextel. I think they stole my phone but I have no way to prove. What can I do??
Old 08-18-2006, 03:57 AM   #2
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

You can file a police report, but not sure that will do you much good. Can you file an insurance claim under your homeowner's or renter's policy?

Please try a Search
Old 08-18-2006, 11:20 AM   #3
Deraj090
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

a police report will work. my father's chief of police in my neighboring town. He said they always get reports of people complaining about stores. It's in the business-owner's best interest (or the manager) to not have any problems with the police. They may lie, but the cops will do an investigation into it. Tell them about your conversation with the manager and the employee, and that will probably give them reasonable doubt to search the store for your phone without any questions. good luck!
Old 08-18-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
hnsimpson

Model: 8130
PIN: pm me for it
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deraj090
a police report will work. my father's chief of police in my neighboring town. He said they always get reports of people complaining about stores. It's in the business-owner's best interest (or the manager) to not have any problems with the police. They may lie, but the cops will do an investigation into it. Tell them about your conversation with the manager and the employee, and that will probably give them reasonable doubt to search the store for your phone without any questions. good luck!

Ditto this.

Go for justice.

-simpson
Old 08-18-2006, 03:11 PM   #5
Plinkerton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130c

Man. That's crazy.

Go in there and start yelling...
Old 08-18-2006, 03:33 PM   #6
Dale Emery
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e

OR post their info here so when I have some spare time...............
Old 08-18-2006, 05:34 PM   #7
kasperapd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deraj090
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the police report. The effectivness of it will just depend on the size of the city where this occurred. A smaller department with a small case load will have the time to work this case, but a larger city with more crime will put this type of case on the backburner and it will be months before they even look at it.

Please try a Search
Old 08-19-2006, 08:41 AM   #8
hnsimpson

Model: 8130
PIN: pm me for it

You make a good point about it bein relegated to the backburner in a larger city. If it is more metropolitan, then Maslows' best bet may be to use a friend who is an officer, or a friend-of-a-friend.

-simpson
Old 08-20-2006, 04:58 AM   #9
Spamdumpster
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t

The manager can't work every hour the store is open. Try going there right before it closes and then try asking for your phone.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:19 AM   #10
BlackberryJones

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

U should always have some kind of insurance on ur BB. I have it on my 8700G only. Seeing that it cost a whole lot more than my 7105T.

May God Continue To Bless You, & Have A Nice Day!
Old 08-20-2006, 08:46 AM   #11
pcdebb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint

if you reported it stolen they cant use it anyway right? wouldnt they block the phone from activation by the ESN number?
Old 08-20-2006, 04:25 PM   #12
kmccarthy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

God that makes me mad. Haven't that store ever heard of customer service? Ya they might get a free phone, but if they had good customer service that customer would keep coming back to spend money and tell their friends how good their customer service is and then they would all spend money there and then they would tell their friends, etc.... IMHO, What a dumb manager