Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 01:09 PM   #1
Jeff d
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon
Default Moto H700/HS8*0 "Powerflip" Mic Boom

Please Login to Remove!

I read that you can answer and end calls by fliping the mic open or closed but what happens if you answer the call on the handset but never flip open the mic will the call stay on the handset or will it still automatically be on the headset?

Here's how I hope it works:
-Headset is powered on and paired with the BB
-I flip the mic closed and put it in my pocket.
-A call comes in and I have two options:
1) I answer it on the BB handset without touching the BT headset and the call stays on the handset(i.e. I don't have to select "Activate Handset" from the menu)
2) I pull out the BT headset and flip open the mic and the call is answered on the headset.
-Also if I've answered a call on the BB Handset i'd like to be able to pull out the headset while talking, flip the mic open and have the call automatically transfer to the headset.

Can anyone with one of these devices tell me if this is how it works?

Last edited by Jeff d; 01-11-2006 at 01:16 PM..
Old 01-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
Jeff d
Thumbs Must Hurt

Also, does the multifunction button work with the mic flipped closed? If you have it in your pocket with the mic closed and the button gets pressed can it possibly make a call without flipping the mic open first?

I ask because the H500 that I tried out was always redialing the last number from my pocket.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:27 PM   #3
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

You're missing something fundamental to the Motorola flip mic design: the flip mic is the power switch. Therefore, when it is flipped closed, the bluetooth headset is off and the pairing is lost. You can still answer by flipping the mic open -- I do it all the time with my HS850, it just takes a couple seconds to pair.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:32 PM   #4
Jeff d
Thumbs Must Hurt

Awesome! I'm so tired of multifunction buttons that are also the power switch.

So, if a call is comming in and I have the mic flipped closed (powered off) and I flip the mic it will pair and then answer the call?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 01-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #5
mrogers

Yep, that's how it works. Otherwise, if the headset is already on (if the mic boom is open) and a call comes in, you press the button to answer it and press the button to hang up (or close the boom). On my HS850 at least, if the boom is open and I press and hold the button it will redial the last number I called. That's about the extent of the multi-functionality of the button.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #6
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Well, my 7h00 doesn't do exactly what you're asking for Jeff d. If a call comes in while the mic is closed (headset off), if I answer the call on the 8700, then open the mic on the h700, it does not immediately transfer. In fact, it takes a long time. I sometimes try to force it along but pressing the answer/end button on the h700. This does seem to transfer faster, but, after transferring it hangs up on the caller! If you try to answer a call by opening the mic, I've found that half the time, the call goes to VM before the h700 gets it. So, I just leave my mic open when I expect to be able to use. This way, the h700 has worked flawlessly.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #7
mrogers

That's too bad that yours is slow, RoadRider. I went through a lot of bluetooth headsets and settled on the HS850 for the very reason that I can leave it off and still answer the phone with it -- once I flip it open, it takes exactly two seconds to power on and connect to my 7290. Works the same way if I'm in the middle of a call and decide to transfer to the HS850 -- I just flip it open and the call is transferred in two seconds.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:16 PM   #8
Jeff d
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well I went ahead and bought the H700 and so far it's pretty good. It works like mrogers said his HS850 works with the exception that when I flip it closed it dosen't end the call for some reason it just transfers it back to the handset.

It takes about 1.5 rings for the hedset to pair and answer a call when I flip the boom open.

Sounds like something's wrong with yours RoadRider.

BTW I'm using it with a Verizon 7130e

Last edited by Jeff d; 01-12-2006 at 05:08 PM..
Old 01-14-2006, 08:47 AM   #9
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff d

BTW I'm using it with a Verizon 7130e
That could be the reason too.
Closed Thread