Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs
jontalotta, go to the BB firewall screen, make sure it's disabled. Then do reset and save in that same firewall screen. Go to App permissions (also under security) and make sure that PocketDay is set to Allow for everything. If you get the Connection dialog, check Allow and Always Allow (you'll have to scroll down to see the other).

I hope this isn't a limitation as most companies won't allow for disabling the firewall.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:11 AM   #22
bjchantry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Shouldn't be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
I hope this isn't a limitation as most companies won't allow for disabling the firewall.
I have been using 4.2 as a beta tester for a month and I am on a BES system that won't allow me to disable the firewall. What I have had to do from time to time is to go into the firewall section and reset the settings, pull the battery and let it reboot. Following that all applications that access the web, i.e PD, Worldmate, spell checker, prompt me to allow their access again. Select allow and all is well, I hope this helps clarify the issue a little bit.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:40 AM   #23
dulcamara

Model: 9810
Carrier: ATT

Having to reset the BB several times a month is a serious problem, and I'd downgrade to the old version if I had to do that.

Why didn't the old version have this problem? Or did it?

I'm on a hosted BES, and have had no problems so far.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:18 AM   #24
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

It's not a pocketday thing, it's a BB thing. It's been there forever. Apparently after enough internet connections, the firewall decides to stop allowing the traffic out. pocketday using the internet connection so much that you just have to reset it sometimes. It's never happened to us in the lab, but we have had a few people report it from time to time.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:22 AM   #25
rnwjr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i
PIN: 40199989
Carrier: NEXTEL

What is the difference between the WAP and regular editions/downloads....
Old 10-30-2006, 06:01 AM   #26
crs

There'sno difference between WAP and regular. WAP is special for GSM based blackberry devices used on corporate systems that don't allow 3rd party apps to talk directly to the internet.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #27
bingemar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers
Default me too!!!

I installed the pocket day update to my Pearl and as soon as it rebooted, my device has been completly frozen. I can't do anything. What do I need to do to fix this?
Old 10-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #28
drgoodtymes
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
PIN: 30D4E281
Carrier: Sprint

something I noticed, when I upgraded to 4.2 and I open an email out of pocketday, and it says "pocketday email" at the top of the message screen, when I click the trackwheel, I have lost the ability to delete the email at this point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC5bVFduTRM
Old 10-30-2006, 04:01 PM   #29
hchai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmo

Got an error on a friend's 8700g. Tried uninstall/install and reset her BB several times, same thing.

'messagearguments.<init>' not found

She's about to kill me, cause I told her that I need to reinstall her 8700 and she will loss all her saved emails (she's on BIS)
Old 10-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #30
cooperpwc

Model: 8700R
Default Not Ready for Prime Time

Folks, I'm a big fan of Pocketday but version 4.2 is not yet ready for prime time. (You Beta testers suck! )

Basically the addition of a seven day weather forecast is wonderful and otherwise it's so much buggier than 4.1. It just isn't worth it.

We now have two "todays" in the calender. That means if you are using "n" and "b" to scroll forward or backwards, you have to press twice to get out of or through today's date. If you look in the Week view, you can actually see the current day twice! Then there's the problem previously noted of 'error 3 - recurring dates before 1970' which never happened before in 4.1 and isn't happening now that I have switched back.

Scrolling from day to day now has an occassional lag which makes it difficult to move forward and check future dates. While displaying multiple dates is an interesting concept, it's not very easy to view and interpret in practice. As a further harsh condemnation of you Beta testers, do you think that someone might have noticed that when you change the colour for future appointments, it fails to change the colour of the notes attached to the appouintments, making an already confusing display almost impossible to look at? Most shoddy guys!

When you display the battery meter as percentage, the bottom is clipped making it difficult to read.

I'm also not a fan of their removing PocketDay from the title bar. I suppose it qualifies a racy contrarian approach to standard marketing techniques. (Never heard of a program that doesn't announce itself; kudos I guess...) But we should at least have the option of putting it back. Here's why. One continuing deficience in Pocketday is the refusal of the Appointments section to give you the day of the week. So when you scroll forward, you can't see what day an appointment is associated with. The solution is to turn on "Show Date Field". So now you have wasted space as the date is displayed twice. Now Pocketday goes contrarian and removes their advertsing from the title bar, moving the date to the left. So I had to look at three dates in a row. At least I did until I switched back to v.4.1. Just toooo ugly. Can't Pocketday add the day of the week to the appointment section and then get rid of the "Show Date Field" option? Especially now that you can turn off the Appointment label, there is plenty of room. And bring back the Pocketday label as an option. It looks better and I want the world to know my software allegiances.

These may seem like small complaints but they made a very slick and seamless application into something choppy, buggy and dificult to look at. And I won't even go into the impossibility of getting v 4.2 to work with PocketDay Lists. That might have been unique to my situation although I did follow their instructions... (Now it seems I will have to wipe my handheld and reinstall my OS just to get an old version of Lists to operate with the old version of Pocketday. It made a serious mess. So if you're thinking of testing the waters on 4.2 because you can always switch back, consider yourself warned.)

I'm back to version 4.1, regretful only of losing the 7 day forecast. Further to that, didn't any Beta tester notice that the colour you choose for weather doesn't get kept for the seven day forecast? You guys suck!
Old 10-31-2006, 06:25 AM   #31
crs

cooperpwc,

The two todays issue is a bug in the BB itself. It had some issue with the last days in october. It should have disappeared by now. The lag you might see when switching days is becuase we essentially have to go through the calendar multiple times to get the upcoming days events, again due to BB OS issues. You can shut this calendar preview off and it will be back to the way it was.

Nobody picked up on the note color or the weather color issue...our bad. Also, there should not be any issues now with PocketDay Lists. You can go back to either without reloading any OS.

So, if you're unhappy with the beta testers, we would welcome you to the group with open arms. Actually, the POcketDay label is coming back. We've decided after going back and forth that we didn't like it without it. Version 4.22 will be posted by tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:30 AM   #32
cooperpwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs
cooperpwc,

The two todays issue is a bug in the BB itself. It had some issue with the last days in october. It should have disappeared by now. The lag you might see when switching days is becuase we essentially have to go through the calendar multiple times to get the upcoming days events, again due to BB OS issues. You can shut this calendar preview off and it will be back to the way it was.

Nobody picked up on the note color or the weather color issue...our bad. Also, there should not be any issues now with PocketDay Lists. You can go back to either without reloading any OS.

So, if you're unhappy with the beta testers, we would welcome you to the group with open arms. Actually, the POcketDay label is coming back. We've decided after going back and forth that we didn't like it without it. Version 4.22 will be posted by tomorrow.
Delighted that the label is coming back. Sure I'll beta test. Look forward to 4.22. (I do hope that you can eventually add the day of the week to the Appointment label. That would be sweet.)
Old 10-31-2006, 07:52 AM   #33
crs

Just posted 4.22...same URL as above. Fixes:

* PocketDay Label back in the titlebar
* Note Color on forward appointments fixed
* Weather background color on 7-day
* Issue on Today Agenda page with duplicate appointments showing

We'll add the day of the week to the appointment label...

Enjoy.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:16 AM   #34
msingewald
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

I know you can't please everybody all the time. That being said, is there any chance you will make the label an option? Personally, I like to make all the screen as useful as possible. The label seems useless. I know what program is running, why do I need to be reminded?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:33 AM   #35
mchilders

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

I agree it would be nice to make the label an option.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:17 AM   #36
mchilders

Model: 8700c

I think another nice touch would be an option to use the gradient background when the section is expanded. Just like it is when it is collapsed.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:56 AM   #37
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c

Another vote for an optional label.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:14 AM   #38
Winston S.

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchai
Got an error on a friend's 8700g. Tried uninstall/install and reset her BB several times, same thing.

'messagearguments.<init>' not found

She's about to kill me, cause I told her that I need to reinstall her 8700 and she will loss all her saved emails (she's on BIS)
I am also getting the same error message on my T-Mobile 8700g.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:51 AM   #39
mjustice
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Please check and make sure you are not uploading the program for 8100 if you have the 8700. Two different operating system. I was guilty of this the first time.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:53 AM   #40
cooperpwc

Good fix on the issues! It turns out that the battery percentage clipping depended on the font chosen for the Title Bar. BBMilbank 14 Bold is working well for me.

Found a good use for the forward event notification: If you set it just for one day ahead in dark blue, it isn't confusing at all and gives a useful reminder of tomorrow's events.

Still have to try and get PDLists back up and running. That's my next task.

Look forward to the day of the week to the appointment label. Thanks guys.
Closed Thread