BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
TheShadow

Model: 8220
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile
Exclamation Help!---Problem w/deleting media...

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I'm new here but I've been lurking for a while, since getting my 8220 almost a month ago, and I have a problem with deleting songs from my phone that I previously had on my 2GB memory card.

Let me explain.....

My 2GB card had alot of music stored on it until I removed/added other albums. Before doing this, I had put the card in my Kickstart and the phone basically put all the songs into its' memory(?). Although the card no longer has all the previous music that it did, the phone has those particular songs listed when I click on the 'all songs' list. Of course, that music is no longer on the card and if I click on it, I simply get the player screen but no music.

Due to my current situation, I am not able to install my BB software on my computer at this time......so, I am wondering if I can get this taken care if I install the software, thus connecting my BB with my laptop and take care of the problem that way.

Or, is there another way of deleting this 'stored' media from my phone?

Thanks for any feedback
Old 04-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

I think that you can put another card... or refresh the songs on the card thats in your phone... it is unlikely that the BB put your songs in its built in memory since its very limited... and I would not recommend this...

I have a 8gb card and works flawlessly (except when refreshing the music library.. takes a long time)... Sometimes I put new songs and they dont show up under "Artist" or "Album"... but they do under "All Songs" as you stated... so the work-around for this is to go to Options ---> Memory ---> Menu: Remove Media Card.. Then you take it out of the slot and then put it in there again... this way the music library refresh entirely....

I think this problem is a OS bug... and I find it annoying... especially for 1300 songs....
Old 04-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #3
TheShadow

Model: 8220
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile
Thumbs up

Thanks....that advice hit the spot and fixed the problem. I had messed around with that option before but I must have been missing a step or something because my BB wasn't giving me the updated music info.

How's that 8GB card working for you? Enough memory for your music with some to spare for other stuff if/when needed? I think that the 8GB will be perfect for the music I have...since I used up pretty much about 6GB of the 8 that is on my son's iPod touch when I set it up for him. The extra 2, or so, GB would be plenty for pics and video, I suppose.

Anyways, thanks again for the tip...
Old 04-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

First of all the OS .180 was better for music... i.e. when in shuffle mode I click "Show Play List" (Instead of album art and song info) the list appear but does not highlight the song that is playing... instead it highlight the song that should play in order (number 1, 2, 3 etc...)... this does not happens on .180
But the OS .222 that Im using is faster overall in applications... and also skipping songs...

To answer your question... I currently have almost 30 GB of music on my Archos (PVP) and I used to play music in there but its too big to carry everywhere... so out of the 6500 songs I have... I put around 1300 and growing to my BB Flip...
The 8 GB works great and I filtered to the music I listen the most... along with newer downloads...

The downside to this is that the Archos refresh its 6500 songs in about 30 seconds..... and the Flip takes up to 15 minutes scanning files each times I plug/unplug remove/insert card...

I tend to plug it at night and copy files at this time... cause if I do it right before leaving home I cant play anything in the car for few minutes...

Maybe a higher class card could work better... but my experience is that takes a long time refreshing this capacity...

Still I love the Flip as mp3 player, I think the Auto-Playlist feature is awsome... and the instant search function is great... So I think its better mp3 player than even ipod nano... so take full advantage of this..

(the Automatic playlist is a list that autocreates based on given artists, albums or genre that you input... i.e. A playlist of "rap" and I just add rap artists... and each new song add to the flip of this artists will automatically be added to the playlist)

enjoy
Closed Thread