Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
People come here to download only???

Would be nice to get some comments!!
So why not istall it and comment yourself? then there would be no need for your useless post
Old 04-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #22
llc00ljoel

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

it looks like shazam isn't working right with this new build...you open up the application, and as soon as you attempt to accept the agreement, it aborts back to the home screen.

A myone know of any work arounds?
Old 04-17-2010, 12:04 AM   #23
captain_tinker

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Looks like people want to know how this version works. Well, here's my take on it. I installed it this afternoon, was surprised how much extra memory was left after install. I still seem to have an issue with the Yahoo email icons, they just plain don't show up, and haven't since .509. Sending service books doesn't fix it. Owell. Some things work better now that didn't work before, Bing's application now works. Mobile Banking has been working now since they updated to the 4.1.3 version. Everything else seems to be working - so far. Haven't stress tested it yet. It makes calls, it gets on the internet, it connects to Wi-Fi ok. The one thing I'm not sure about is after letting it sit on the desk doing nothing for most of the day, it went from 30 mb of memory down to 14 mb. What it's been doing is updating the weather once an hour, syncing with Funambol once every 15 minutes, other than that it has just sat idle for about 12 hours. I think I made one 2 minute call. I'm not sure if the updates and syncing is what is causing the memory to leak, or if it's the OS in general. In any case, I don't think I should have to reboot once a day to free up memory. Otherwise, it's not a bad build that I can tell.

Is this a good enough assessment of this build? Any other questions?

-capT
Old 04-17-2010, 04:19 AM   #24
Lecter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: BOLD
Carrier: vodafone Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnfinger View Post
So why not istall it and comment yourself? then there would be no need for your useless post
It got people to post, useless poster. ;)
Old 04-18-2010, 01:35 AM   #25
paloma
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900r
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: 452-01; 452-04

Another Miror:
8900: 8900M_PBr5.0.0_rel1027_PL5.2.0.58_A5.0.0.610.leak. exe
9000: 9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1027_PL5.2.0.57_A5.0.0.610.leak. exe
Old 04-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #26
Grnfinger
Thumbs Must Hurt

I dont like the call quality, seems the calls degrade rapidly for me.
UMA calls seem ok so far but I do not make lengthy calls from home, yesterday however I made a 15 min call on the road and by the end of the conversation it was pointless to continue.
Appz work, email , wifi blah blah blah just seems to be call quality for me.

Quote:
It got people to post, useless poster. ;)
WOW you must be proud, congrats have a cookie....
Old 04-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #27
micutu

PIN: 25894c18
Carrier: Orange

Quote:
A thank you to the OP would be nice and getting some feedback would be great also!!

On Crackberry there are pages and pages on user reviews, since you mentioned that site! ;)
Yes, there are pages of spam posts from all sorts of idiots.. you have to be very selective.. Watch their language and from that you have to deduct if that user has any idea of what he talks about... I enjoy the blackberryforums because there are very few comments from people that they don't have any clue of what they talk about... CB is full of idiots.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #28
simpleGuy

Model: 9800
Carrier: at&t

Hmmm.

I switched to 2G only, and the battery drain has stopped!

So, is it the 3G transmitter is somehow, what, operating at a higher power or something? It's not getting hot like it has in the past, either.

I live in a metropolitan area, and have great 3G coverage, by the way.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #29
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleGuy View Post
Hmmm.

I switched to 2G only, and the battery drain has stopped!

So, is it the 3G transmitter is somehow, what, operating at a higher power or something? It's not getting hot like it has in the past, either.

I live in a metropolitan area, and have great 3G coverage, by the way.
"3G" kills power management far worse than does EDGE service. It's just a fact of life.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #30
simpleGuy

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Mark View Post
"3G" kills power management far worse than does EDGE service. It's just a fact of life.
Yeah, but it was livable with 4.6. With 5.0 I can't go the whole day without charging the battery.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #31
FrogDog

Model: 9000
PIN: I've been barcoded!

I have been running .610 for two days without any issues. The memory management is ok, similar to .509 for me. Wifi works well and the call quality is good, so far so good. The strange thing for me was; after downloading and installing .610 to my computer I ran DM to do a back-up before installing the new OS. When my DM starts up it always looks for updates and found .610 and loaded like any other update. It is the first time I did not have to delete the Vendor file or do a browser fix. Strange, but I'll take it.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #32
micutu

PIN: 25894c18
Carrier: Orange

FrogDog, I see it useless to run DM in order to create a back-up. Apploader does the backup automatically and if something goes wrong, it indicates where the saved .jpd backup file is.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #33
FrogDog

PIN: I've been barcoded!

Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micutu
FrogDog, I see it useless to run DM in order to create a back-up. Apploader does the backup automatically and if something goes wrong, it indicates where the saved .jpd backup file is.
You are correct. However I run the DM back-up to save the file in a separate folder that I keep with me. It's more for saving messages than anything else. I don't always use the same computer to change the OS or load apps.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #34
heathric

Carrier: att
Default Huge problem with 5.0.0.610

I loaded 5.0.0.610 last night and didn't notice any problems last night, but I hadn't made or received any calls.

I changed my profile to silent before bed. I was woke up this morning by a phone call. The ringer was silent of course, but right when the phone call ended, I heard a sound coming through the speaker. It's the same soundbyte that I received in a MMS message a few days ago. it was a bird looking at a cooked egg saying "omg pete, is that you?..." the MMS message was deleted days ago so I know it's not coming from that.

After every phone call made or received, this soundbyte plays and I notice a bunch of network activity per the upper right icon. Nothing abnormal is running in the task switcher. And the sound byte does not exist on my phone, yet it also plays every time I close the video camera, voicenotes recorder, and most any other program on my phone.

Please tell me that this 5.0.0.610 version isn't a virus and it's stealing my information. This behavior is too strange.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #35
fletch

Loaded it up this afternoon and got about 10-12 MB back initially. Browsing seems faster than before and the device doesn't seem as sluggish. Hoping the battery drain isn't as bad, but based on what's been posted already, I don't have high hopes.... Will play with it more and see...
Old 04-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #36
heathric

Exclamation working ok

the phantom sound playing finally stopped. I had to reboot a couple times. No idea what would have been causing the phone to play a sound clip that was deleted days ago even before I completely wiped and reloaded with the new 610 os.

I have noticed very frequent network activity. It also interferes with my pc speakers now, which it never did with any previous beta OS. Every 30 seconds I hear buzzing through the pc speakers.

Glad the phantom sound has stopped playing after every ended call, and after closing every application.... but still have some strange feelings about this 610 os. Especially with the continuous network activity... Feels like my phone has a mind of it's own... or someone is manipulating it remotely.

Switching back to a previous version.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #37
miamirulz29
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathric View Post
the phantom sound playing finally stopped. I had to reboot a couple times. No idea what would have been causing the phone to play a sound clip that was deleted days ago even before I completely wiped and reloaded with the new 610 os.

I have noticed very frequent network activity. It also interferes with my pc speakers now, which it never did with any previous beta OS. Every 30 seconds I hear buzzing through the pc speakers.

Glad the phantom sound has stopped playing after every ended call, and after closing every application.... but still have some strange feelings about this 610 os. Especially with the continuous network activity... Feels like my phone has a mind of it's own... or someone is manipulating it remotely.

Switching back to a previous version.
Haha. How was memory and battery life on this build?
Um... no.
I didn't think so.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #38
heathric

Battery life seems about the same as most other betas... haven't really used it much today though. I did notice that most of the time it has switched to EDGE instead of 3G. Very annoying. This is probably why it affects my pc speakers the way it does. I can't remember ever seeing EDGE mode with the previous build. I've turned the mobile network off and on a few times and can't seem to get 3G mode at all. It was in 3G earlier today though.

Memory seems a bit better. The phone functionality seems a bit faster, but I never really calculated the load times so I'm not really sure. These results may be psychosomatic.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #39
richard612

Carrier: Swisscom

I just did the 610 update. My camera app is unusable. It worked for a while but now the screen flashes on and off, the menu button responds only occasionally, and it won't take photos 80% of the time; it totally ignores the center button.

Everything else looks good except for the (known) lock button problem. Don't know about battery life yet.

Last edited by richard612; 04-21-2010 at 08:47 AM..
Old 04-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #40
Grnfinger
Thumbs Must Hurt

I had to remove 610, hard locks my phone at random. Removed all third party apps to try and trouble shoot the problem with no luck, Finally I gave up trying to find the reason for the hard locks and reverted back to .592 and everything is smooth a creamy again.

Anyone else having problems with random hard locks on this release?