Old 05-04-2007, 01:04 AM   #21
jhaedin_brennyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperDream23 View Post
I'm on my 6th replacement, and my earpiece just went out. I guess it'll be lucky number 7??

:-/
what happened to the other? Darn me and you have the worst Pearl luck, that's ok we can always replace!!!

pin when you get your new phone i would like to know how it turns out!!

The dymond Mama
Old 05-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #22
DNAINC

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I've never had my pearl replaced but I've only had It for a week, but the Sidekick I had before I got it replaced at least 4 times, they kept messing up by themselfs without me doing anything.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #23
cmhaws

Carrier: T-mobile

Mine has lasted pretty well for 3 months, I've replaced other phones though with t-mo and had the same problems with refurb phones.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #24
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD

Has anyone forced them to send a new one instead of a refurbished one? Someone said he is on his sixth replacement on his way to seventh, thats insane, I'd be raising hell. I was able to argue my way and get a new Sidekick 3. They sent it to me in the actual box that they originally come in and it had the original seal.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:54 PM   #25
DrWebster

Model: 8900

Sorry if this is a little late, but a few years ago I had some problems with replacement phones through T-Mobile. I had a basic Motorola phone, and when it started crashing frequently, I sent it in for a replacement. After the replacement did the same thing, I got another replacement, but the keypad was all mashed in. I called customer care and explained what happened, and asked if I could simply get a different model phone. Apparently T-Mobile has a secret lemon policy of their own, because they then sent me a brand new, sealed in box phone that was much newer than the one I had. Overall, I've been much happier with T-Mobile than I was with Sprint.

And thankfully, my Pearl has been rock-solid.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #26
ski837547
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandyamilan View Post
One fine day, the earpiece stopped working. However, the pearl would work fine on speaker mode, but you were not able to hear via its ear piece.

so got a refurb one... its working nice... no problems so far.
I had the same problem with my Pearl a couple of months ago and received a refurb.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #27
divabeadz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Unicel

jhaedin_brennyn , love your LV perf in your avatar! So pretty!
Old 05-05-2007, 01:06 AM   #28
jhaedin_brennyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWebster View Post
Sorry if this is a little late, but a few years ago I had some problems with replacement phones through T-Mobile. I had a basic Motorola phone, and when it started crashing frequently, I sent it in for a replacement. After the replacement did the same thing, I got another replacement, but the keypad was all mashed in. I called customer care and explained what happened, and asked if I could simply get a different model phone. Apparently T-Mobile has a secret lemon policy of their own, because they then sent me a brand new, sealed in box phone that was much newer than the one I had. Overall, I've been much happier with T-Mobile than I was with Sprint.

And thankfully, my Pearl has been rock-solid.
ygry offered me the dash but I didn't want it because for one the days plan is higher and for two its just not me but this pearl and is real nice I love it I'm being extra protective of this one the last one I had a mark on but this is real neat!

The dymond Mama
Old 05-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #29
jhaedin_brennyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hey 5th Replacement Is On The Way!!!!!

The dymond Mama
Old 05-08-2007, 08:17 PM   #30
nyzwerewolf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

I got my Fourth replacement the other day.

2 phones, the ear piece died on me. Only speaker phone works.
1 phone, doesn't accept any data service.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #31
dsdk

I'm just curious to know how many of you are having problems with the white pearl from tmobile? The reason I ask this is because I am forced to do a handset exchange through customer care after having the phone for only 14 days. I'm worried that the refurb handset will not live up to my standards, resulting in me not wanting to exchange it despite the fact that my "end" button is not responsive which makes ending a call a little difficult. I was told that the white pearl is very new (released only a few months ago) and considering that, my chances of receiving a new handset is a lot greater than say if I were exchanging the black pearl. Is there any truth or logic to this claim which was given to my by a tmobile rep?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #32
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsdk View Post
I'm just curious to know how many of you are having problems with the white pearl from tmobile? The reason I ask this is because I am forced to do a handset exchange through customer care after having the phone for only 14 days. I'm worried that the refurb handset will not live up to my standards, resulting in me not wanting to exchange it despite the fact that my "end" button is not responsive which makes ending a call a little difficult. I was told that the white pearl is very new (released only a few months ago) and considering that, my chances of receiving a new handset is a lot greater than say if I were exchanging the black pearl. Is there any truth or logic to this claim which was given to my by a tmobile rep?
I would take it back to the store, if your in California you have 30 days even though their policy says 14. If not, I would still take it back and argue until you get a new one!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #33
ski837547
Thumbs Must Hurt

How can you tell the difference between a refurb Pearl replacement and a new Pearl replacement ?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #34
dsdk

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondalegend View Post
I would take it back to the store, if your in California you have 30 days even though their policy says 14. If not, I would still take it back and argue until you get a new one!
I tried this and it didn't work because my activation date was past the 14 day window. I did an exchange within the store for the first phone I signed up service with, this is how I got the Pearl. I originally signed up service with an unlocked SE K550i which gave me problems so I returned it after 6 days and exchanged it for the BB Pearl. Then 14 days after the exchange (now 20 of activation with T-Mobile) the Pearl gave me problems. Thanks anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski837547 View Post
How can you tell the difference between a refurb Pearl replacement and a new Pearl replacement ?
I can only hope I will have this problem once I receive the refurbished unit
Old 05-09-2007, 02:01 PM   #35
richmo58

Model: Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stixbc View Post
Are all replacement phones (thru warranty) suppose to be refurb ones?
In general, when a carrier replaces a phone, it is usually a refurb. You could get lucky and get a new one if they're low on refurbs. This isn't just a Blackberry thing, it seems to apply to most smartphones and maybe even regular mobile equipment. I've dealt mostly with Treos, but refurb units are generally packaged differently, and at least dealing with Verizon, they have you take your existing battery and cover from the old unit and put them in the refurb. The refurb also arrives with much less packaging.

On the question on whether you can force a new one, the official answer is generally, no. If you push the issue, sometimes you can get a new one, but they'll want to restart the contract. I suppose you can try if you've been thru a bunch of units and scream bloody murder.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:12 AM   #36
melodic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

what happens when you get a new one because the battery latch is missing? do you have to pay the 100 dollar deductible for one?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:48 AM   #37
graffitimonkie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
Carrier: T Mobile

I've just had my pearl for 2 weeks tops still doing fine with it, have a screen cover and a belt holster and have the insurance plan also.

I know my deductible for a replacement through insurance is going to be $110, but if its due to warranty issues than its free.

I don't have a problem with receiving a completely functional working refurb unit as long as the warranty still sticks to that one as well, I wouldn't want to pay another $110 deductible on a refurb phone for a replacement knowing they sent me one meant to break, it better be covered under warranty first. As far as a refurb goes, I dont think its any worst than a new phone cept some of the parts were taken from other phones but the part taken was deemed to be a working component.
Closed Thread