Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 01:38 AM   #1
faisal.niaz

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Mobilink
Default enter network mep code 0 left

Please Login to Remove!

I purchased BB 8900 from an outlet in Dubai, UAE I put Etisalat sim and it worked without any problem. so when I moved to another country, and I put sim the message I got was SIM locked and I have to unlock it.

I was not sure what was this so upon inquiring, I came to know that I have to unlock the BB so this SIM should work. When I went to MEP code service provider, and they tried to put MEP code, the message I got was, Enter Network MEP code (0 Left). Upon further inquiry, I was told that this is factory locked I have to send it to RIM. I am not sure what is this all about.

I purchased this from open market and wasn't suppose to be for any specific carrier. Now they are telling me to send it to the factory. Is there any way I can have this counter reset to 10 as is by default. Is there any way I can get this sorted out from within my country where I am currently residing i.e Pakistan I don't think there is any out let of BB in our country. I am using MobilinkGSM

Thanks

Faisal
Old 06-21-2010, 04:32 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

0 left means someone has already tried to unlock the phone, with the wrong code and it is now permanently locked to its original carrier.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Closed Thread