Old 05-19-2010, 12:36 AM   #41
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Docs to go shortcut key

Please Login to Remove!

I used to be able to access word to go with a shortcut key in PD, but since upgrading the OS selecting docs to go results in sheets to go opening when the shortcut key is pressed instead of word to go. Anyone else seeing this and have a suggested fix? I've sent this to CRS, but with no positive result.

thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #42
Jannock
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone

I upgraded to the last version (OS 4.6) and noticed:

- every time after batterypull and startup PD I have to confirm the policies again
- I noticed that my battery is draining faster than before

Somebody with the same experiences?
Old 05-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #43
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

There were no changes to anything that would affect the battery. As for permissions, what version of PD do you have? if it's not 6.1.0.3, please download again. After that it should not ask for policy confirmations after the 1st time.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #44
Jannock
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs View Post
There were no changes to anything that would affect the battery. As for permissions, what version of PD do you have? if it's not 6.1.0.3, please download again. After that it should not ask for policy confirmations after the 1st time.
I had 6.1.0.2, so I did the upgrade to 6.1.0.3
I also reduced the refresh-time for the rss feeds and weather. I'll hope battery time will be better.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #45
rider997
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

crs, could you comment on a few bug issues? This is with PD 6.1.0.3 on a BB Bold 9700 with BBOS 5.0.0.586 on T-Mobile.

* text on date bar (immediately below title bar, before the first configured section, which is "Missed Calls" in my case):
When the date is highlighted, the highlight only partially obscures the original text, so it looks like this:
WWed May 26, 2010
I should note it looks like this is because other section headers have an icon to the left of the text and the non-highlighted date doesn't, but the highlighted text is placed where it should be if there was an icon to its left.

* New Text Message listed for voice mail events. The text message entitled "129" has appeared for many versions of PD, but now with the 9700 and visual voice mail, there's a second one that appears like "129:17808|257 //VVM:SYNC ....". I believe this was going to be fixed a number of PD revisions back?

* title bar doesn't indicate when WiFi is active (important because WiFi/UMA calling is free whereas cellular airtime is billed).

* When reading an email from the PD main screen that is actually an event invite, the HEADER (time/from/to/subject) of the displayed email is that of the event invite, but the BODY of the displayed email is that of the previously viewed regular email. PD should at the very least say it can't deal with the invite, but not display a different email entirely. Preferably, PD would allow you to actually respond to the invite or pass the email off to the native viewer, etc.

This has also been this way for years.

Last edited by rider997; 05-26-2010 at 01:03 PM..
Old 05-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #46
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

rider997,

Most people disable this date as it's on the titlebar (it's an old feature). You can move it in PD general settings in the section Today Screen, uncheck the Show Date Field.

the format of the text messages for these keeps changing so PD isn't filtering them out. We will further investigate this.

the titelbar shows the wifi indicator. Is it not working for you?

As for calendar invites, RIM doesn't allow access to this and doesn't allow 3rd party apps to launch the native viewer. We will blank the body out instead of showing the prior email.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #47
rider997

Quote:
rider997,

Most people disable this date as it's on the titlebar (it's an old feature). You can move it in PD general settings in the section Today Screen, uncheck the Show Date Field.
Good enough, I was just pointing it out; it's not serious and I did end up just disabling it.

Quote:
the format of the text messages for these keeps changing so PD isn't filtering them out. We will further investigate this.
That would be great. I will note that the "129" message has been constant for at least two years that I know of on T-Mobile (previously I had an 8820).

Quote:
the titelbar shows the wifi indicator. Is it not working for you?
There's no icon that I recognize as being Wifi, and there's no difference in the icons displayed whether I have WiFi enabled (the home screen shows "T-Mobile - Wireless Access Point Name") and UMA active (the normal home screen would show "UMA" by the signal meter), or whether WiFi is active but UMA isn't enabled, or if WiFi is actually turned off.

Something I'm missing maybe?

Quote:
As for calendar invites, RIM doesn't allow access to this and doesn't allow 3rd party apps to launch the native viewer. We will blank the body out instead of showing the prior email.
That'd be great- at least it's not confusing.

I'd like to say Thanks for fixing, under OS 5, the issue with events from multiple calendars not appearing in PD. Many other authors still don't have this working, but it works perfectly in PD.

FWIW (although it's probably a lot of work), it would be neat if we could combine some of the functionality of PD with some of the nice new GUI elements of OS 5 (and coming 6)- RIM has finally gotten around to providing some reasonable transitions and icons, etc., and it'd be nice to see PD able to evolve towards utilizing those newer features. (Just wondering if this is something on your timeline).

Thanks again for the response...
Old 05-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #48
rider997

Oh, another minor bug fix:
When in Font Settings, and you change the font, the font height automatically reverts to "1". This means if you want to check out the look of a few different fonts, each time you have to select the font, then reset the font height to something visible, etc.

I'd think it'd be nice if it just kept the previously selected font size when changing fonts.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #49
rider997

One more:
Why, if you've highlighted a section header, is the shortcut to "Today's Calendar" called... "Today's Calendar", but if you've highlighted an item within a section, the same thing has a menu item called "Summary View" and is located at a different point in the menu structure.

Also, is there a hotkey to Today's Calendar/Summary View? I haven't been able to find one if it exists.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #50
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfraser View Post
I updated to 6.1.0.2 and still not able to scroll down on fresh start without pressing a key fist.
Now up to version 6.1.0.3.
Have had a problem scrolling down without pressing a key first, ever since I upgraded to OS 5 in January. E-mailed help and after quick response was told to edit premissions to allow all. My connection permissions were "custom" for PockerDay.
After changing connection permissions to "allow all", scrolling issue solved!!! Finally! Not really used to scrolling without pressing a key. Now working perfectly.

Last edited by jimfraser; 07-19-2010 at 04:16 PM..
Closed Thread