BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #41
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

If you have a WiFi in the house....SECURE THAT SUCKER! Gotta have a key.
As for finding a BB...you gotta turn that sucker into the carrier because you would want someone else to do the same. I worked retail and found my share of neat phones and the first thing I always do is look for Mom, Dad, Sis....something like that in the address book so I can call them and have them inform the owner where to find their phone.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #42
captthomason
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9860
PIN: to bean

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. They've been said. Seriously, can we move on?
Old 07-09-2008, 08:16 PM   #43
sanchez69

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

Owned Owned Owned
Old 07-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #44
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

One of the best things about this forum is that the mods and folks like audit, EZ, dawg, etc. (don't mean to leave anyone out but can't list everyone), *do* have morals and ethics and are willing to stand up for what is right. If the rest of the world was like BBF, the world would be a better place.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:38 AM   #45
styxgroupi
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: acle of love
Carrier: Alltel

Wirelessly posted

I dare as a fool to join in this mess.. But I too had a let's say "ill" feelings toward some folks here. I still feel if your not in a particular "clique" you get a welcome and just about all the help you can ask for..BUT when it comes to joining in a let's call it a "joking" thread if ur not one of the "eleit you probally will NOT be easily accepted into the convo. It happened to me I vented and moved on now I just pretty much welcome newbies a help where ever I can. I have also noticed what was it 200,000± memebers and hardly never more then 3,000 on at the same time! Your either accepted or simply helped! While help is why we came here finding new friends is a big part of it too. This is just my personal opinion. I have dropped off In making postes because it is really hard to get the so called "clique" to allow new folks in. As for me I will hang out study and learn and try to treat the new members the way IMO we all sould be treated! I have met some wonderful people here most are NOT in any lil group but are willing to joke with everyone! Not just a few! IMO when new folks see that stuff it makes em less likely to join in the fun parts and just sit in the loft! Like I said this is all just IMHO. PS I find the better I can jopke and get to know people the more I feel I can trust them with tech info...

Last edited by styxgroupi; 07-10-2008 at 12:53 AM..
Old 07-10-2008, 01:41 AM   #46
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

wow o wow.

Sorry you feel that way. I recall you vented and still don't understand why you feel slighted in any way.

To each their own.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:45 AM   #47
styxgroupi

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders
wow o wow.

Sorry you feel that way. I recall you vented and still don't understand why you feel slighted in any way.

To each their own.
Just my opion as I stated never felt slighted just given my opinion. :shrugs:
Old 07-10-2008, 01:47 AM   #48
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by styxgroupi View Post
Wirelessly posted

I dare as a fool to join in this mess.. But I too had a let's say "ill" feelings toward some folks here. I still feel if your not in a particular "clique" you get a welcome and just about all the help you can ask for..BUT when it comes to joining in a let's call it a "joking" thread if ur not one of the "eleit you probally will NOT be easily accepted into the convo. It happened to me I vented and moved on now I just pretty much welcome newbies a help where ever I can. I have also noticed what was it 200,000± memebers and hardly never more then 3,000 on at the same time! Your either accepted or simply helped! While help is why we came here finding new friends is a big part of it too. This is just my personal opinion. I have dropped off In making postes because it is really hard to get the so called "clique" to allow new folks in. As for me I will hang out study and learn and try to treat the new members the way IMO we all sould be treated! I have met some wonderful people here most are NOT in any lil group but are willing to joke with everyone! Not just a few! IMO when new folks see that stuff it makes em less likely to join in the fun parts and just sit in the loft! Like I said this is all just IMHO. PS I find the better I can jopke and get to know people the more I feel I can trust them with tech info...
I am very sorry that you feel this way. I must have missed something BIG along the way. Lot's of members and Lot's of posts. No way to keep up with them all as I have a real job to make the house payments. I know that I have enjoyed my interactions with you and reading all of your posts. You have a great sense of humor and are a great story teller!

I don't know what happened but I would suggest that you send a couple PM's and I am sure this post would be A LOT different!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 07-10-2008, 01:53 AM   #49
styxgroupi

Wirelessly posted

/end opinion
Old 07-10-2008, 01:57 AM   #50
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
... But I too had a let's say "ill" feelings toward some folks here. ...
It happened to me I vented and moved on now I just pretty much welcome newbies a help where ever I can.
I think you do feel slighted or whatever you want to call it. Or else your "ill feelings toward some folks here" are simply uncalled for.

Again, I am sorry you feel the need for "ill feelings" toward some. I don't believe it is mutual.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:49 AM   #51
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I agree js. We didn't laugh at a joke and it hurt her feelings. I don't get a laugh or a response alot of times but I just move on. I have never though this place was clicky in anyway. I see alot of new folks come in and they are all welcome. I think the people she is referring to have all been here for some time and just realize they sick sense of humor the others have.

Just because people don't laugh at your jokes doesn't mean you should be self conscious and stop trying.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:53 AM   #52
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

lol, true Dawg, my wife never laughs at my jokes, but I keep trying. AND, she stays part of my clique
Old 07-10-2008, 07:32 AM   #53
lraed74
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S2

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

^^^ agreeing with that^^^

I know others that I have messaged back and forth feel the same. You can get lots of information, which I have and appreciate that but also know there is a definate clicky clicky thing here. I would be confident to say that others feel that but wont post it in fear of being flamed by the mods to make them feel that their opinion is totally wrong because it goes against theirs. Its the one thing that I dont like about BBF, my opinion tho. I'm not sure beyond Guess getting in on this and any change happening.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:34 AM   #54
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

My only response to the above posts is http://www.blackberryforums.com/beta...dat-4-5-a.html

Everyone laughing and having fun. Quite possibly one of the best threads I have seen here
Old 07-10-2008, 07:37 AM   #55
Dawg
No longer Registered.

I guess when football teams huddle up yall think they are talking about you too. Give me a break all this whinning about not being in a clique is so high school. Get over the drama geez.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:50 AM   #56
NickfromIL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well, I for one do not feel I am part of the "clique", at least not with most of the mods, and was openly welcomed into joining around in joking with JC just yesterday, in this thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/beta...ods-using.html

While I am "in" with a few members here, like I said, its not really the mods, and I surely wouldn't call myself close to JC, but he welcomed my joke and replied with humor as well.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:54 AM   #57
Dawg
No longer Registered.

I agree nick I only speak to a couple people here off the forums you being one of them. I very rarely talk to mods off the forums unless I am in trouble :(
Old 07-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #58
customshopkv1

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A

Wow, what an interesting thread.

I think there are a lot better things to be doing instead of sitting around waiting to see if someone thinks your post is interesting or funny.

I talk with a few people outside of this forum and they are very cool interact with. I don't belive it to be a "clique" though. If there are personal issues with someone, they should be informed. Might help people not get to this point in the future.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #59
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickfromIL View Post
... was openly welcomed into joining around in joking with JC just yesterday, in this thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/beta...ods-using.html
...but he welcomed my joke and replied with humor as well.
Huh? I guess I am not a part of your clique, since I responded in humor as well, but it must have fallen on deaf ears.

I wanna join a clique.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:43 AM   #60
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

when I first joined I came here for help with a 507 error

NJBB,JS were the first two to assist and walk me through getting my BB back.

I then started looking around the board and found the off topic.

I posted a few times never got the reaction I was hoping for I just didn't take offense figured perhaps they need to become comfortable with the new guy. Kind of like the first day in a new class or workplace you don't really feel to welcome but as a couple weeks go by and you get used to people and they used to you. It takes time

Heck i can remember a group that called themselves the Purrfect4 all ya old skoolers know of what I am talking.

fact is this is an online community evertything is said through words so there is no body language or voice tones to really "get" somethings.take all with a grain of salt. Unless you are told so directly ya never really know if someone is being sarcastic or serious. As you read more and more posts by different members you learn to understand there style and humor.

Please folks BBF is very friendly some come here for help and that is it some come get help and decide they want be more involved socially which is great just allow people to get to know you and you them.

EZ

Last edited by ezrunner; 07-10-2008 at 08:45 AM..
Closed Thread