BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
milklet

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Question bluetooth 8320 and range rover arrrgh! help!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,
I'm so frustrated and hope someone out there can help me.
I've got a new blackberry 8320. Tried to pair it with my Range Rover 2005.
The phone paired just fine, I was able to dial phone numbers, they rang over the car speakers, but as soon as someone picks up -- it says "disconnected".
Tried repairing, restarting, turning off and on bluetooth, deleting and reentering the 'landrover vehicle' that the blackberry found. Nothing helps.
I turn off the car, walk away, get back in and the bluetooth still finds the car, but I can't make or receive calls... the thing keeps hangin up!

any advice would be appreciated.
(tried land rover dealership here -- useless, of course. they have no idea what they're doing)
thanks
rachel
Old 12-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

What OS is installed on the BlackBerry? Options > About.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
milklet

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile
Default os

well, I'm just going to type what's there, not sure which is the os

v.4.2.2.180 (platform 2.5.0.36)

is that right?
thanks
rachel
Old 02-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
prduck

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Default 2005 Range Rover Issues

Yes, that is the operating system version. I'm running v4.3.0127, and I have the same issue that you are having. I just bought the vehicle. It syncs up, no problem. If someone calls, it rings, but when I answer, nothing. If I make a call, it immediately hangs up after dialing. Then if I immediately call again, it doesn't hang up, but doesn't connect either. It is frustrating!

I spoke to the Sales Manager and Service Department at the local Range Rover shop. They have me scheduled to drop the car off tomorrow. "Probably just needs a software upgrade" they says. I've read that the 2006 - 2008 had a software upgrade that corrected a problem with uploading the phone book to the car, but that this was not done as a warranty, but instead, at a cost to the customer. But I saw nothing listed about an upgrade for the 2005 model.

Guess how not happy I'm going to be if they can't figure this out when I bring the vehicle in? (the answer is "4" ( 4 unhappy))

Anyway, good times. I'll let you all know what I find out. But consider my next post kind of like how you considered Star Wars: Episode II. Like, hope that it is going to be awesome news...but prepare for (and probably expect) the worst. :(
Old 02-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
prduck

Default Stay of execution

Just got a call from my local dealer. They had no problem connecting two phones to the vehicle (I didn't have a problem connecting my phone either...the issues didn't arise until I tried using the phone...). However, they said that the sound quality was bad (?) and so they ordered the upgraded "bluetooth module." Unfortunately, that little gem is on backorder, and is not available for about a month.

So, just didn't want you guys to think that I abandoned this thread. I'll let you know "in about a month" when the module gets in.

Gabriel
Old 03-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
prduck

Possible work around?

"Bluetooth Module" is still on "Back Order." I have also spoken with Land Rover North America, and in particular with a rude, annoying woman who goes by "Sioban." She was zero help, and the jist of her input is that (despite the official Land Rover website, where you punch in your VIN and your phone type and you check for compatability and the website says everything should work great together) the Curve is not compatible with the 2005 Range Rover.

However, I have found out something rather interesting. Now, when you make the phone call, the Range Rover thinks that the phone has hung up, but the phone continues to be on the line. I have found that if you push the call button again on the Range Rover (the green phone handset button...like you were trying to make a call without entering another number) it reaquires the phone, and you can continue your conversation. This appears to be a very easy work around.
Closed Thread