Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:28 AM   #1
thackstonns
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Alltel
Default blackberry redirector

Please Login to Remove!

I am sure that this has been asked about a million times, but I couldnt find a definate answer using the search tool. I have an 8830 and frigging love it. I used to sell for alltel, So I know all the features of the phones. However I switched jobs, and went from bes to the desktop redirector for my outlook needs. My question is when I use the redirector I cannot open attachments unless I forward them to my gmail account. I really hate using my personal account for business, as I dont check my gmail every day. And have made a couple of mistakes when I forward, (i forget to change back and send it from my outlook email.) Is there a way for me to open the attachments on my bb. they are normal attachments pdf's. I was also wondering if there is a way for me to save those attachments to my media card for printing. I dont get that option even when I forward them to my gmail account. If anyone can give me some wisdom, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 10-26-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thackstonns View Post
I am sure that this has been asked about a million times, but I couldnt find a definate answer using the search tool. I have an 8830 and frigging love it. I used to sell for alltel, So I know all the features of the phones. However I switched jobs, and went from bes to the desktop redirector for my outlook needs. My question is when I use the redirector I cannot open attachments unless I forward them to my gmail account. I really hate using my personal account for business, as I dont check my gmail every day. And have made a couple of mistakes when I forward, (i forget to change back and send it from my outlook email.) Is there a way for me to open the attachments on my bb. they are normal attachments pdf's. I was also wondering if there is a way for me to save those attachments to my media card for printing. I dont get that option even when I forward them to my gmail account. If anyone can give me some wisdom, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nick

why use the redirector at all why not just use a BIS account?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:01 AM   #3
thackstonns
Thumbs Must Hurt

it is a corporate email set up on there server and they wont let me. I have to do everything through the tech guy who is a tech guy, not the smartest in the world, It boils down to if I try to set it up myself I get into big trouble. So just trying to do it there way. however i work in two different towns about 40 miles apart and cant run back to the office to print out a pdf for a customer. It would be awsome if when I get the pdf in my email on my bb if I could save it to my media card and the just use a usb reader to show the pdf to the customer. or I have thought about buying a blue tooth printer and using that, but I cant do either if my attachments dont come through. this is something that I have battled for a long time. Started the new job 3 months ago and just now got him to set up redirector. It frustrating and I am about to go nuts over it. If anyone can help I would be greatly appreciative
Old 10-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #4
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thackstonns View Post
it is a corporate email set up on there server and they wont let me. I have to do everything through the tech guy who is a tech guy, not the smartest in the world, It boils down to if I try to set it up myself I get into big trouble. So just trying to do it there way. however i work in two different towns about 40 miles apart and cant run back to the office to print out a pdf for a customer. It would be awsome if when I get the pdf in my email on my bb if I could save it to my media card and the just use a usb reader to show the pdf to the customer. or I have thought about buying a blue tooth printer and using that, but I cant do either if my attachments dont come through. this is something that I have battled for a long time. Started the new job 3 months ago and just now got him to set up redirector. It frustrating and I am about to go nuts over it. If anyone can help I would be greatly appreciative
Yes that does suck. The redirector I dont think supports any attachments. good luck
Old 10-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #5
thackstonns
Thumbs Must Hurt

Is there any way. The emails shows the attachments are there i just cant download them. also even if I have to send them to my gmail account is there any way to save them to my memory card. I can open the pdf just cant save them.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:48 AM   #6
PhillyGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

Do you have OWA Access?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #7
thackstonns
Thumbs Must Hurt

owa access?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:32 AM   #8
thackstonns
Thumbs Must Hurt

nevermind you mean do i have web access to my outlook, no they see that as a security risk.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #9
DJChew
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: Rogers

Desktop Redirector does not support any attachments.
The reason is that converting attachments for the BB needs a machine to process/convert. Desktop Redirector was not made to do this, and never will.
That's what BIS and BES are for, as they are both powered by servers.

What you could do is setup a BIS account as well as Desktop Redirector. Then add your Gmail account to the BIS account.

Then when you forward to Gmail it will come to your BB and you can open them.
Closed Thread