Old 02-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
pvdiamon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular
Default Problem with Calendar Past Dates

Please Login to Remove!

I am unable to synch past dates from MS Outlook. It only seems to be catching those that are recurring events. In other posts, they say on DM, go to Advanced and check Transfer all Items. I don't have that selection on my DM that came with the Pearl. My Pearl is set to keep dates "forever" but that has no effect on the "forever" dates in Outlook apparently. How do I synch past dates? Where is the Transfer all Items on DM that I can't find?

John
Old 02-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvdiamon View Post
I am unable to synch past dates from MS Outlook. It only seems to be catching those that are recurring events. In other posts, they say on DM, go to Advanced and check Transfer all Items. I don't have that selection on my DM that came with the Pearl. My Pearl is set to keep dates "forever" but that has no effect on the "forever" dates in Outlook apparently. How do I synch past dates? Where is the Transfer all Items on DM that I can't find?

John

go into desktop manager > synchronization > configure sync > select calendar > setup > outlook > select sync type > select profile and then select calendar date range > set to all events > finish
Old 02-24-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

PIN: ups! ;)

P.S. Your device must be connected to PC in order for the Configure Sync button to be active (it's greyed out until you do).

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 02-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
pvdiamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
go into desktop manager > synchronization > configure sync > select calendar > setup > outlook > select sync type > select profile and then select calendar date range > set to all events > finish
THANKS! I don't know why I never looked at Setup first. I"ll have to check when I get back to my office computer. There are so many options on the BB (only had it a week)...this forum is really helpful.

John
Old 02-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

let us know how it works for you
Old 02-25-2008, 07:03 AM   #6
123triumph
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone

I'm not sure whether this is a related problem...I am able to synch the dates so that dates in the past get transferred to my handset BUT they always disappear at some point!

There appears to be a particular date that my handset is able to retain calendar entries back to, but the earlier ones just disappear.
I then have to synch again to my PC, it looks a successful transfer with all the entries now on my handset but at some point that particular date becomes the cut off and the earlier ones have gone again.

This is driving me mad as the synch of so many dates in the past (which I need) takes quite a while to happen.

Any ideas please?
Old 02-25-2008, 07:04 AM   #7
pvdiamon

I haven't had a chance to try yet with mine, but I'm gathering that if you are low on memory, odd things happen. How much memory do you have left on the BB?

John
Old 02-25-2008, 07:37 AM   #8
123triumph

It may be that, but I think it is unlikely as it would only be simple text being saved. I have very few photos saved and I guess they would be saved on the same memory???

How do I check the memory level? I will have to do that before and after I re-synch the calendar.

I did notice actually that when I used the calendar with the old items saved, that the little message 'organising the calendar' flashed on for a second or so longer than it normally does....
Old 02-25-2008, 11:16 AM   #9
pdone

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123triumph View Post
It may be that, but I think it is unlikely as it would only be simple text being saved. I have very few photos saved and I guess they would be saved on the same memory???

How do I check the memory level? I will have to do that before and after I re-synch the calendar.

I did notice actually that when I used the calendar with the old items saved, that the little message 'organising the calendar' flashed on for a second or so longer than it normally does....
Go to Calendar>Options>General Options>Keep Appointments. Select your desired time to keep appointments on your BB.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #10
123triumph

Brilliant. Thank you!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #11
pdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123triumph View Post
Brilliant. Thank you!
You're welcome, glad I could help!
Old 02-25-2008, 10:20 PM   #12
pvdiamon

Quote:
let us know how it works for you
It worked! THANKS. Now I'm a bit worried about memory. What seems to be the minimum necessary to avoid the BB from starting to delete stuff? Like my past calendar dates or call logs?

John
Old 02-26-2008, 10:55 AM   #13
pdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvdiamon View Post
It worked! THANKS. Now I'm a bit worried about memory. What seems to be the minimum necessary to avoid the BB from starting to delete stuff? Like my past calendar dates or call logs?

John
Calendar entries don't occupy a significant amount of memory. Not sure what level that the BB starts to delete call logs and messages. I like to keep mine over 10MB, any lower and I reset. Haven't had problems since I've done that.

Check out these links for memory tips:

How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html

And this link to reset your device without pulling the battery:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...treset-bb.html
Old 04-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #14
gillygirl

Model: 8130
Unhappy Problems with Synch with Outlook

Quote:
I am having the same/similar problem. Everytime I synch, the program wants to delete old items from Outlook (the place I need to keep them), but it keeps everything on the Blackberry. My Blackberry is set to keep all calendar items "forever" and the synch config is set to "all events." I have even tried setting a filter for "today and all events after" and I set a range of days for "500 days before and 500 days after". None of these things work. Any advice I how I can get the synch to stop deleting my calendar items in Outlook? I have not been synching (and desperately need to) because I dont want to delete/lose anything. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:05 AM   #15
pvdiamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
I am having the same/similar problem. Everytime I synch, the program wants to delete old items from Outlook (the place I need to keep them), but it keeps everything on the Blackberry. My Blackberry is set to keep all calendar items "forever" and the synch config is set to "all events." I have even tried setting a filter for "today and all events after" and I set a range of days for "500 days before and 500 days after". None of these things work. Any advice I how I can get the synch to stop deleting my calendar items in Outlook? I have not been synching (and desperately need to) because I dont want to delete/lose anything. Thanks.
In Synchronization on Blackberry Desktop, are you checking which "wins"? In other words, device to Outlook, Outlook to Device, or synch both ways? Also, are you checking the box to overwrite old data? There are lots of options you have to look at.

John
Closed Thread