Old 04-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
stangman39
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: 243FF13
Carrier: AT&T
Default Email Reconciliation?

Please Login to Remove!

I posted yesterday about email issues I've been having. It is starting to drive me a bit nuts! The other day I changed my voiceplan to a Family plan so I could add my g/f to it and get a her new phone. Well, when they did that my data plan got knocked out. Had to have them add it back. Ever since then I've been having email issues.

This morning before work I had 11 emails in my Yahoo email. I checked some of them and deleted all of them from my laptop. 10 minutes later I checked my BB and all 11 emails were still there showing as "new." The BB and the email are not syncing. I've also has issues where I delete the email from the BB and it still shows later on when I check from my laptop online.

Yesterday I was told to delete the Yahoo email from my BB and also delete it from the BIS website. Remove the battery from the BB...add it back online etc. Did that. Still having issues.

Called tech support today and they told me about "Email reconcile" and that the BB does an auto reconcile every 20mins but I can also hit "reconcile now" and it should update and sync the Yahoo mail with my phone and also the webpage.
Just a few minutes ago I logged into Yahoo Mail from the BB web browser and read and deleted a new email. Logged off, closed out of the web...and the email was stil showing as "new" on my BB! I then hit "reconcile now" on the BB email options...didn't change anything!

The whole 20mins auto reconcile thing doesn't make any sense to me. Before all this started happening I'd read an email online and delete it and it would be gone from my BB in a matter of seconds.

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to make sure I had all the details included!
Thanks for any thoughts or help!

Mike
Old 04-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (8310; The Juggernaut)

It can take hours to reconcile deletes FROM the server to the BlackBerry. The opposite is quite immediate.
That's just the way it is.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
stangman39

That sure seems to the way it is now....but what bugs me is it was never like this till 2 days ago. It is quite annoying I think.
What is the point of clicking "reconcile email" ? I would think that would sync things and clean up the web email and match it with the BB.

Mike
Old 04-09-2008, 03:01 AM   #4
rednut

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: C&W
Default Same problem

Hi

We're having the same problem. We have 8 Blackberries, 2 8800 and the rest are Curve's. Our email server is Groupwise 6.5 through BES 4.2.4

One of the Curves's stopped reconciling emails properly about 3 weeks ago(before upgrading BES from 4.2.3. to 4.2.4). When emails are read in Groupwise some of them show as read on the curve, but others don't and will stay as unread until she deletes them. Some emails may show as unread on the Curve for several hours then suddenly they are read!!

We tried upgrading the server but no change and if anything the problem is getting worse.

On the device I deleted and undeleted Desktop CMIME, Desktop SYNC and Desktop CICAL but again no change.

Remember this is happening for 1x device only!!

Any other suggestions?

Thanx
Old 04-09-2008, 06:54 AM   #5
stangman39

I don't have an answer for you..sorry..but about 2 days after I was having these issues things seemed to start to pick up. Now it is pretty much back to normal where emails reconcile within 30 seconds or less.
Closed Thread