BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 10:45 PM   #121
w4rmk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I don't get any green light when receiving calls. If you are referring to the light in the top corner, it flashes red when the phone is ringing. After I answer the call it stops flashing. I tried calling my phone and clicking ignore and still no green light. I tried calling my phone and hanging up, still no green light. I am not sure what you all are referring to...

As far as the missed call list, I did notice this bug the first time I called and hung up without answering (after the upgrade). But now I have called and not answered several times and each time it says "You have 1 new missed call" and I click on View, the call history is displayed correctly.

Last edited by w4rmk; 09-28-2006 at 10:47 PM..
Old 09-28-2006, 10:46 PM   #122
jnelson2000
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbee
My work email is DEF not working after the upgrade. I have to wait to get into work tomorrow since I don't know the activation password off the top of my head.. That's anoying...

But this bug is taken care of:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...home-page.html
If you have a work laptop and VPN then VPN in and connect your dervice with Desktop Manager.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:47 PM   #123
w4rmk

Just read about the signal indicator light causing the light to stay on, I don't use the signal indicator so that's why I didn't see the issue. So for me its a non-issue anyway...
Old 09-28-2006, 10:48 PM   #124
nickbee

Carrier: t-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson2000
If you have a work laptop and VPN then VPN in and connect your dervice with Desktop Manager.
Nope no work laptop,, and my work comp does not even have the BB software on it,,, I guess I'm stuck with a re-activation once I can look up the password tomorrow...
Old 09-28-2006, 10:53 PM   #125
donthateme13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitty
In BB messenger go to options and where it says show conversations in Message List make sure it says yes. See if that keeps your convos in the main message window.
ITs on it shows in the messages folder iut just doesnt show up on the zen today screen like before
Old 09-28-2006, 10:58 PM   #126
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella92108
I don't buy it. I tried on several devices and the 3-4 second audio lag STILL exists. Confirmed with several others as well.

Say what you will but as it stands with my 8100 and my wife's there is NO lag. Caller will hear me on the first hello. No more saying hello hello hello before they hear me.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:01 PM   #127
ChrisBenson
Thumbs Must Hurt

I am a Rogers customer so I upgraded right away. I can confirm there is no lag (knock on wood). I have made 3-4 calls since the upgrade and no lag on any of them so I hope it stays that way.

:::CB:::
Old 09-28-2006, 11:01 PM   #128
morrow95

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmobile

Not sure if this was posted or not, but the MyFaves folder people are talking about with this update is something new that TMobile will be releasing October 2nd. For an extra $10 a month you can call five number unlimited (land lines as well). You can even change each number once per month or maybe its one number per month. So, its a good assumption thats what that folder has to do with.

Also, the Pearl is approved for this MyFaves subscription so if it comes out the 2nd expect tmo to release an offical update for our Pearls pretty soon.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:03 PM   #129
ChrisBenson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow95
Not sure if this was posted or not, but the MyFaves folder people are talking about with this update is something new that TMobile will be releasing October 2nd. For an extra $10 a month you can call five number unlimited (land lines as well). You can even change each number once per month or maybe its one number per month. So, its a good assumption thats what that folder has to do with.

Also, the Pearl is approved for this MyFaves subscription so if it comes out the 2nd expect tmo to release an offical update for our Pearls pretty soon.

The my faves icon folder of mine has the camera icon in it. I am debating on erasing the folder or do I need to keep it?

Old 09-28-2006, 11:16 PM   #130
morrow95

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBenson
The my faves icon folder of mine has the camera icon in it. I am debating on erasing the folder or do I need to keep it?

That's just what I heard - seems to much of a coincidence though doesn't it, but then again who knows.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:20 PM   #131
ChrisBenson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
That's just what I heard - seems to much of a coincidence though doesn't it, but then again who knows.
Maybe I'll just erase it then. I didn't before because I though it would ruin something don't ask why... paranoia perhaps

Old 09-28-2006, 11:23 PM   #132
StanSimmons
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

Quote:

MyFaves will work with the old software.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:41 AM   #133
udontknowjack

Model: 9000

I have to say I'm not experiencing the bugs in mine that are mentioned. I don't get the green light when I hang up but I don't use it for coverage indicator as it drains the battery. It definitely responds faster when answering calls or even going to speaker phone, which I do a lot. And, the fact that moving the scroll ball only stops the ring for that cycle is worth it all right there.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:07 AM   #134
datafirm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: New ATT because of iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella92108
this has been asked and answered. NOOOOOOOOOO
Never saw the response in this thread.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:59 AM   #135
zenxacred
Thumbs Must Hurt

just updated, but yeah, auto-dim (auto backlight) is defaulted to ON and is NOT on the option screen.

so far so good though, i followed the instructions to unlock the rest of the themes for the 8100

T-Zones work well enough and no need to reregister (on BIS, i have no BES)

no errors yet. i'll answer any T-Mo upgrade related questions if need be.

edit: and oh yeah. your settings will be slightly modifed and you may have to reset some of them (such as wap.voice addition to apn, etc.)

Last edited by zenxacred; 09-29-2006 at 07:11 AM..
Old 09-29-2006, 06:42 AM   #136
GMK

Carrier: TMO

The Rodgers upgrade did address one of my minor peeves. The trackball light has been dimmed so its not so in your face in reduced lighting conditions. Minor but nice improvement.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:12 AM   #137
zenxacred
Thumbs Must Hurt

true, but they took away my auto-backlight. i liked it OFF.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:47 AM   #138
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Me too. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd rather have the auto-backlight turned off than the trackball/ringer fix. Here's hoping when T-Mo's update comes out they put that option back in the list.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:42 AM   #139
mxagainst

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthateme13
also new is if you click on pictures in the media section it brings up all your folder but now there is a new folder called my faves icons.

and they it appears they took away one of my favorite features which was in the zen today screen under messages it would show your current bb messenger conversations or your google talk conversations it no longer does this
donthateme13: that "favs" folder is for a feature that is coming out soon.

First Look: ScreenShots From TMobile "My Faves" - RIM Blackberry Forums - Pinstack.com
Old 09-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #140
pjmurphy

I downloaded the new 8100 OS this morning - installed perfectly but now I am missing the Automatic Brightness option under Screen/Keyboard? Can someone confirm this is gone now??
Closed Thread