Old 05-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
supafastsc

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Email to BES Delayed by up to 1 Hour

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

Hoping someone can shed some light on this problem. I have a BES server version 4.1.6.9 with 380+ users connected to a Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP2. The BES itself is a quad-core server with 4GB DDR3 and RAID5. Exchange environement is a SCC (single copy cluster) with shared NetApp storage. I haven't made any updates to either my Exchange or BES environment before or since the problem appeared.

Everything was great until... All of a sudden as of this Monday, emails to my BES users are delayed by 15 minutes up to 1 hour at which time all messages received by Exchange suddenly "batch" transfer themselves to our BB phones. I've restarted my BES, verified my MAPI profile settings, etc with no luck and am at a loss as to what the problems are.

Things to note are:

Sending from a BB on BES works fine and very fast and the email is delivered promptly. But if the email is sent to another BES user, though their exchange mailbox receives the email quickly, the BB phone doesn't get it for the time length I've mentioned above.

I've also tried sending an email to my BB phone from the BES and the problem is the same. However if I tell the BES to send a PIN message to my phone it gets there very quickly.

Another symptom is that normally if my BB hasn't updated very recent emails in my mailbox, I can go to Reconcile Now on the phone and it grabs those emails fast. Now running Reconcile Now does nothing and I have to wait for email and after it is delayed 15 minutes to 1 hour then it shows up.

I'm pretty sure this is not a permissions issue since I verified BESAdmin has Send-As rights on all affected mailboxes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
BBExpert
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Looks like the emails are being sent using rescans. One of the reason this could happen is if BES Server fails to process the UDP message that Exchange server sent to MAPI clients (in this case BES).

Any firewalls? Is BES and Exchange is the same LAN?
Any latency issues?
Any performance issues on Exchange or BES?

can you confirm from MAGT logs if you see lots of strings like "rescan"

Hope this gives you a start!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

what are you exchange server specs including raid arrays and drive speed?
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
Raiden
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310i
Carrier: Vodafone

I agree with BB expert, this sounds network related, you need to check for any Latency between BES and Exchange.

Also just as a matter of interest check versions of CDO.dll and Mapi32.dll on Exchange and BES?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
besadmin23
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Agree with all, network. Is your Exchange server in the same location or across a WAN link? If wan, somethings jacked there...
Closed Thread