BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default 3i’s Mobile Workplace Recognized at Wireless Leadership Awards during WES

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Award Reflects Case Study of British American Tobacco’s Mobilization Efforts Using 3i’s Mobile Workplace.

Orlando, FL – Wireless Enterprise Symposium –- 3i Consulting today announced it was recognized at the Wireless Enterprise Symposium with a Wireless Leadership Award, for the implementation of its Mobile Workplace Platform at British American Tobacco. Mobile Workplace leverages the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server from Research In Motion (RIM) and SAP NetWeaver® platform to deliver a powerful, flexible SAP mobile platform. The Wireless Leadership Award is open to all customers using BlackBerry® smartphones, with honorees chosen by a selection committee in the following categories: Innovation in Public Sector, Innovation in Private Sector and Business Impact. 3i’s Mobile Workplace was selected as a partner of British American Tobacco for deploying a wireless solution that makes a measurable impact on ROI, enables significant positive change within the workplace and the overall organization.

3i today also released a case study documenting the implementation at British American Tobacco and how a 40 percent reduction in SAP SRM shopping cart approval time was achieved using 3i’s Mobile Workplace on BlackBerry smartphones. In the case of British American Tobacco, executives are connected to SAP SRM and SAP HR through their BlackBerry smartphones and are able to approve all purchases as well as manage employee performance. A copy of the case study is available at www.3i-consulting.com/mw/bat.pdf.

3i’s Mobile Workplace resides completely within SAP and provides extended functionality for SAP users by notifying 'decision makers' of crucial actions in near real-time, wherever they are in the world. Powered by SAP NetWeaver, Mobile Workplace improves the quality of time-sensitive decisions by removing the need for executives to delegate approval decisions. Mobile Workplace helps executives to implement decisions directly from their BlackBerry smartphones. Almost any SAP process can be automated using the Mobile Workplace platform and made available on the BlackBerry® solution.

“The applications developed through Mobile Workplace are so simple to use, no training was needed; none whatsoever,” said David Sampson, Head of Headquarters IT for British American Tobacco. “With the ability to manage business more effectively via BlackBerry smartphone, our executives have increased their productivity dramatically, using their time far more effectively and giving them wider choices about when, how and where they want to work.”

“British American Tobacco needed a very simple solution to a difficult problem; keeping its executives involved in supply chain operations from anywhere in the world,” said Alon Raskin, CEO of 3i Consulting. “3i’s Mobile Workplace was rapidly up and running with executives needing very little or no training to manage their inventory, supply chain and employees from their BlackBerry smartphones.”
BlackBerry - Partner Press Release
Closed Thread