BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Default First Local PDF Reader for the BlackBerry - Upcoming Release BeamBerry PDF Reader

Please Login to Remove!

BeamBerry Solutions, Inc. Announces at the WES 2008 an Upcoming Release of the BeamBerry PDF Reader - The First Local PDF Reader for the BlackBerry

Orlando, Florida - May 13, 2008 - BeamBerry Solutions, Inc. announced today at the WES 2008 an upcoming release of the BeamBerry PDF Reader that provides high fidelity (original quality) PDF viewing without any need for server side preprocessing or conversion. All document rendering is completely local to the BlackBerry device and the user's BlackBerry does not even need to be connected to the network. This type of offline local viewing of PDF documents has been a long standing requirement of BlackBerry users who have become accustomed to native support for PDF on other platforms. Up until now, however, it was believed that the BlackBerry device is not powerful enough (e.g. does not have sufficient memory or CPU processing power) to display PDF documents locally, without server side preprocessing or conversion. BeamBerry Solutions becomes the first company to solve this problem by developing some state of the art technology, further reaffirming the company's position as an innovator and leader in the space of mobile document management for BlackBerry devices.
BeamBerry PDF Reader uses a very small amount of memory and will work even on older BlackBerry models, as long as they are running OS 4.2+. The product does not require a data plan to use, and will also support customers using any version of BIS or BES. This approach also alleviates any customer concerns about the security of allowing third party servers to perform preprocessing of their documents. BeamBerry PDF Reader supports viewing documents from e-mail document attachments, memory card, internal device memory and website links to PDF documents. Unlike solutions that require server side processing that cannot open very large PDF documents due to the size limitation of an e-mail attachment, the BeamBerry PDF Reader can easily open large PDF documents for viewing, and with much higher performance.
BeamBerry PDF Reader comes with a fully featured BeamBerry File Browser that enables BlackBerry users to manage their documents stored on memory card and in the internal device memory. BeamBerry PDF Reader also supports features such as text searches in the PDF document, something that was not possible to accomplish with solutions leveraging server side processing.

About BeamBerry Solutions, Inc.
BeamBerry Solutions, Inc., is a privately held company headquartered in Northern Virginia and founded in 2006. The company’s mission is to provide the most advanced and innovative solutions for viewing, printing and storing document attachments on BlackBerry devices. The company's founders firmly believe that in order to get the full value of their BlackBerry devices business users require sophisticated document management capabilities to which they have become accustomed without the loss of quality or productivity. Therefore, the key guiding design principles of BeamBerry Solutions have always been high quality, reliability, security and transparency.
To contact BeamBerry Solutions:
[email address]
BeamBerry - View, Print, Store BlackBerry e-mail attachments
Old 05-15-2008, 04:57 AM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Looking forward to this! I like BeamBerry but I don't like having to connect to their server all the time in order to make it work.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:59 AM   #3
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

Yeah this is a great step forward in the BlackBerry world.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
raven71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
PIN: 249F7DCD

Wirelessly posted (8310 Curve)

Hooooooray
Old 05-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #5
Pete6
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Swisscom

Downloaded it. It works but it still uses the server (my data plan) to do some offline processing.

For 50 bucks this is a must have tool. It would open ppt files but not pps files which I thought a bit odd. Maybe in the next release....
Old 05-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles

The BeamBerry app hasn't been updated for the features listed above. I've been using BeamBerry for a while now and do find it a useful tool. Looking forward to the improvements.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #7
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

This is HUGE!!!! WOW definately on my list of software purchases! this is incredible.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #8
mjagmin

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Beamberry Question

Hi, we use pdf's all the time at work. Mostly they're attachments saved to our outlook calendars. When I sync to Outlook 2007, it shows a pdf attachment, but I am unable to open it.

I downloaded a trial version of beamberry, but it seems to be limited to only opening pdf's via emal.

Any suggestions or help would be tremendously appreciated. There's 6 of us here and we're all stumped...

Thanks...
Old 06-17-2008, 11:57 AM   #9
SandwichMan

Model: 8800
Carrier: O2 - UK
Default Anyone know the release date?

Anyone know when this is available? I just downloaded the version from their Downloads page (3.0) and it still wants to send the PDF up to their server and download it again before displaying it, so I'm guessing that isn't the version that can do the whole thing locally!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #10
raven71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
PIN: 249F7DCD

Wirelessly posted (8310 Curve)

I tried it and the files are very blurry.