Old 07-25-2006, 02:31 PM   #21
micohoe
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proaud
as long as you have a few files on your phone, you will be fine with the larger size. When you start adding more and more the file size will start taxing the phones processor, then you will start having problems.

Does mobileup rename the file??

oh, okay. thanks! any idea on how to make them louder?

mobileup works by the user uploading the mp3, then you access the site from your bb browser, and input a numerical code that they give you...then you dl the file. but the problem is, it saves the file under that number...and i can't seem to find out how to save it under a different name or rename the file.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #22
Proaud

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by micohoe

mobileup works by the user uploading the mp3, then you access the site from your bb browser, and input a numerical code that they give you...then you dl the file. but the problem is, it saves the file under that number...and i can't seem to find out how to save it under a different name or rename the file.
I dont know of a way to rename them when downloaded. As far as making them louder, they need to be normalized. Do a search for normalizing software. I am using the normalize plugin in Pro Tools.

Pin: 3013987E
Old 07-25-2006, 06:55 PM   #23
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by micohoe

----

When saving the file, use the trackwheel to scroll to the begining of the file name. Press and hold the left shift (NUM) key and scroll across to the period before the file extension., highlighting the Name. Now type the name you wand use then continue the saving process.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Old 12-28-2006, 04:16 AM   #24
Roscoe

Model: 8700C
Carrier: Cingular

I am going crazy. I have over 1000 mp3 files from which to choose a ringtone. I am using Wavepad ( I tried Audacity before with same results...nothing) to convert them to a file under 100kb, 24kbps, mono. They sound fine played on my PC, but when I upload it to my web account so I can in turn download it to my 8700c (what a pain that bluetooth file transfer was not implemented), I get no sound, no indication anything is even playing. I appreciate others willing to convert them and host them, but I would rather do it myself rather than be a burden. It just ain't working. I have successfully downloaded songs from others, and to prove it isn't my server I have uploaded songs from others and downloaded it to my BB from my web site and it worked. So it must be my conversion that isn't working. It shouldn't be that hard...AARRGGHH.

As an aside, now that the song doesn't work, how do I delete it from my BB?

help!

Last edited by Roscoe; 01-02-2007 at 02:07 AM..
Old 12-28-2006, 11:05 PM   #25
dumaic

Model: 8700c

Roscoe..I'm in the same boat..I can download other mp3's from folks, but can not get my own to play..this should be easier!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #26
Roscoe

Anybody out there that can help?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:36 AM   #27
Roscoe

Hello again? Really want to be able to create my own, nothing has worked. I get a downloaded file with no sound. Need to resurrect this thread...
Old 04-17-2007, 08:58 AM   #28
Roscoe

Still waiting..anyone? Hello?
Closed Thread