JulianTReeves
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Wuff
I'm on 4.1.0.136...

My main "bug" is not with the BB itself, but with the Desktop Manager Software. I'm running Windows XP and Office/Outlook 2003, and any time the DM software references one of the field names from Outlook, it's all gibberish -- looks almost like an attempt at an Asian font.

I've never installed anything -- even by accident -- and selected a language other than English.

Any ideas?
I have had this problem twice. The first time, I uninstalled MS Office (to clear out Outlook) and the DM software. On reinstall, there was not change - still had the crappy characters as database names.

I discovered that I had installed a DM "service pack" on top of the original DM software (upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1). There were also issues with the English-only DM software and the English + other languages version.

I have resolved it by using the English-only version of DM 4.1 and uninstalling 4.0 before installing 4.1. See if that works for you.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:37 AM   #122
whwilliams

The only problem that I have had with the 7100i is that when your call is dropped the phone locks-up and you have to reboot the phone by removing the battery. This seems to be happening more and more.

Also, I have a friend that also has the 7100i and we were travelling down the highway the other day and his phone had service and I didn't not. Figures...
Old 11-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #123
quick99si

Like many other people...

1. Status light doesn't work sometimes
2. Phone doesn't ring
3. Occasional self-reboots
4. NXTL -> x during a phone call
5. Network time is one day and one hour too fast (25hrs)

Adi

Last edited by quick99si; 11-02-2006 at 02:37 PM..
Old 02-19-2007, 09:06 AM   #124
Walt
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

In my calendar, the agenda view has entries going back a year or more. They were removed from Outlook a long time ago yet the BB still shows them. I tried deleting them but I have to do it one at a time and gave up after 30 or 40 of them. Has anyone had this agenda problem? I have the latest software.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #125
Eagles1Eagles

Default lose bluetooth capabilities

I have had the reset out of the blue occur as well as wild signal swings. Most frustrating however is the sudden and permanent failure of the bluetooth capabilities. My first one lasted about a year then two failed inside of a month but now ( knock on wood ) I have had this one for about 4 months. I believe that it may be a physical frailty as it seems to occur a while after a knock. I am running 4.1.0.136.

Has everyone in the country had a massive decline in signal over the past couple of years or is it just in the Northeast corridor?

Also, Has anyone tried the new Sprint/Nextel hybrid and does it help with reception?

Thanks
Old 02-19-2007, 10:33 PM   #126
FitzDuffy

Model: 8330

The new hybrids do well in the philadelphia suburbs. Our worst area is the plymouth/norristown towers. The towers are overloaded as travelers using the Pa turnpike, philadelphia expresway, and the blue route come through the area. Signal, in generl seems to be getting worse, but its just that the systems are getting busier. As long as I've been with Nextel, I've never had a problem, but like I've said before, I'm a gadget junkie and I always have a new phone. If you beat on anything, it works less......

I can't get the calander to delete appointments on its own either. I just delete them as i dismiss them.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:05 AM   #127
Vvizz

Model: 7100x

Am using the latest software available for the 7100.

A few days ago my devicec decide to sstop functionning. The screen freezes, the keypad doesn't work. i can only go from one screen to the next by pressing the esc key and the wheel at the same time. To top it up i can't find anyone in australia to help me.

Am desperate so if anyone can help me it would b gr8.
Thanks!
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #128
Walt
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130

I couldn't enter my password when on speakerphone either until I upgraded my 7100i firmware
Old 02-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #129
charles595
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: 3048D1F
Carrier: Verizon
Default Battery won't fully charge

Since the sofware upgrade, my battery on my 7100i won't charge passed 85%. I looked all over the forum for help, but nothing seems to work. This is my second battery and third phone with the upgrade and i get the same problem. Before the upgrade, my battery charged all the way to 100%. I tried to drain the battery and then recharge it. I tried to charge it from the wall charger and from the computer. Nothing! Any suggestions?
Old 02-23-2007, 02:26 PM   #130
mfaucher

Model: 7100
Default what does this error mean?

uncaught exception
Process
net_rim_bb_phone_app(33)killed due to message queue overflow

Happens at end of sync...anyone know?
Old 02-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #131
dgreene502

I have two issues that REALLY bug me....

1. After having the JVM 102 crash, I wiped and downloaded the 4.2 software. Then used desktop manager to restore and sync. I only get to 163 of 489 address book entries before desktop manager declares that the outlook 03 or backup data isn't compatable. Major bummer. I have updated all the mentioned software.

2. Did you ever THINK you hung up a phone, and 15 minutes later you find out the phone is still transmitting to the caller and WON'T hang up until the battery is pulled. I suggest everybody watch out for this one, as it can bite you hard in work and personal relationships!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #132
dgreene502

I have two issues that REALLY bug me....

1. After having the JVM 102 crash, I wiped and downloaded the 4.2 software. Then used desktop manager to restore and sync. I only get to 163 of 489 address book entries before desktop manager declares that the outlook 03 or backup data isn't compatable. Major bummer. I have updated all the mentioned software.

2. Did you ever THINK you hung up a phone, and 15 minutes later you find out the phone is still transmitting to the caller and WON'T hang up until the battery is pulled? I suggest everybody watch out for this one, as it can bite you hard in work and personal relationships!!!

I would greatly appreciate help on the address book issue.....
Old 09-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #133
cminNPI

Model: 8830
PIN: 32CAAC24

I keep getting a unit that all of a sudden slows down to the point where I can't even scroll between the icons on the primary screen. This is using 4.1.0.376.

I have also noticed that my BB Messenger is rediculously slow when I type (not at the same time as other people, just to initiate a conversation).

I have also noticed that with my extended battery everything works fine, but if it dies (such as I forget to charge it) and I use my OEM standard battery my LED settings reset to default (normally I have the LED turned off to save power).

My total calls timer is over 76 hours, I guess it might be time to suck it up and upgrade
Old 09-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #134
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cminNPI View Post
I keep getting a unit that all of a sudden slows down to the point where I can't even scroll between the icons on the primary screen. This is using 4.1.0.376.

I have also noticed that my BB Messenger is rediculously slow when I type (not at the same time as other people, just to initiate a conversation).

I have also noticed that with my extended battery everything works fine, but if it dies (such as I forget to charge it) and I use my OEM standard battery my LED settings reset to default (normally I have the LED turned off to save power).

My total calls timer is over 76 hours, I guess it might be time to suck it up and upgrade
what theme and other programs do you have on the device?
Closed Thread